The Good Example ( Part 2)

Good afternoon and Finally Friday. As this is still the month of Onboarding in March based on Deuteronomy 6:5-9, John 10:25-30 and 1st Corinthians 1:18-24 each month I do a teaching that is not part of the monthly theme and this month is no different. On the blog that I do for Rhema Word 2.0 I did a teaching called The Good Example, Part 1. It dealt with how as we as a people of God so be just that, The Good Example. Normally I try to keep my personal teachings that I do and one that I do for Rhema Word 2.0 separate but being The Good Example is very important. As men and women of God people look at you to see how you are living. My sons today question me today when I say that they should not smoke weed when they saw me smoking weed, drinking heavily and womanizing all while I was married to their Mother. And it is really nothing I cannot say but I still strive forward to be the Good Example.
In doing the Good Example Part 1 I gave the definitions of the word example from my source of definitions which is dictionary.com. For Part 2 I will use these definitions of example; Taken to show
the character of the whole; a precedent; and instance of illustrating a rule or method. We as men and women of God need to be The Good Example. Let's see what the Word of God has to say on this matter.
As we go into the Word of God for The Good Example Part 2 I begin in 2nd Chronicles 14:2-7. In these verses it tells of how King Asa is taken to show the character of the whole. Each king before
him, rather good or bad, refused to take down the high places that we used to worship other gods. We as men and woman of God must do something to get the attention of the world to expand the Kingdom of God. The Good Example.
As we continue in the Word of God for the teaching of the Good Example Part 2 I go to Ezekiel 3:1-2. In these verses Ezekiel sets a precedent as he is filled with the Word of God. He does not complain
he  just accepts what God has him to do and does it. We as men and women of God have to be that precedent and show the unbelievers that being connected to God is the best thing that could happen in their lives. The Good Example.
As I come to the conclusion of the Biblical part of the teaching of the Good Example Part 2 I go to Mark 9:21-25. In these verses we see where a man wants Jesus to heal his son from a troubling spirit.
Jesus begins to illustrate a method as he asks the man to believe. But tears came to the man as even though he came to Jesus he did not have that belief. There are going to be those who are going to call on you to illustrate a method to help them out of a situation and still might not believe. We still have to be that Good Example.
In closing I could have used many more examples of being a Good Example. People look at you differently when they think that you are not about what you say you are about. Yes no one can judge you and we all have some things in our lives that we are ashamed of. I hate that I did not think that getting high in front of my sons was wrong. I hate that I showed them how not to be a good husband. I really hate that I was not a good father to them. I urge you to be that Good Example. Part 2. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. Please join me next week for a teaching Let.s Keep This Together. And if you can please go to Rhema Word 2.0 to read The Good Example ( Part 1).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down