Properly Dressed (Onboarding Process)

Good afternoon and Marvelous Monday. As we continue in the month of Onboarding in March based on Deuteronomy 6:5-9, John 10:25-30 and 1st  Corinthians 1:18-24 I remember when I first started working for my new security firm. One of the first things that they gave me was a Employee Manual. In this manual it gave me some of the rules and regulations of the company. In the front of the  Employee Manual there was a table of contents that showed the different sections of the manual. Being a new employee I wanted to check this out so I did not want to start off with the company in a bad way. I was fortunate enough to have some one mentor me but some things I had to  do myself. In the table of contents I saw things such as what holidays we get paid for, what to do when I need to call of sick and the benefits program. But one of the things that stood out to me was the dress code. As some are beginning this walk of Christ and others who have been in the Body of Christ for years one of the things that we should do is be Properly Dressed.
In beginning this teaching I want to define the words properly and dressed. I go to  my source of definitions and that is dectionary.com. Properly means as follows; adapted to the purpose, established
standards; and strictly applicable. The word dressed means the outer covering, a particular appearance and apparel. As men and women of God being Properly Dressed will have you prepared for anything. This teaching will be coming from Ephesians 6:10-13.
As we begin this teaching of Properly Dressed let us go to the Word of God and to Ephesians 6:10-11. In these verses Paul is writing the church of Ephesus to remind them to stay strong in the Lord
and to put on the whole armor of God to withstand the enemy. In Ephesus the powers that be worshiped all kinds of pagan gods and goddesses and the Body of Christ needed to be strong. Today there are many things that are being worshiped such as sex, money and drugs. Be Properly Dressed.
As we continue this teaching of Properly Dressed we got back to the Word of God and Ephesians 6:12. In this verse Paul writes to church of Ephesus to remind them that the enemy will attempt to
to use power and the rulers of the darkness of that time to corrupt them. In our world today television, radio and social media have certain things that will corrupt members of the Body of Christ, new or old. Properly Dressed.
As we come to the end of the Biblical portion of this teaching I go to the Word of God and Ephesians 6:13. In this verse Paul tells the church of Ephesus that in order to be Properly Dressed the whole
armor of God so that they could withstand any evil. We as the Body of Christ must put on the whole armor of God to be prepared for those who says that we will fail in our walk in the Body of Christ.
Properly Dressed.






In closing we as the people of God must continue to be adapted to the purpose of our outer clothing. We as the Body of Christ must have established standards for our particular appearance. And we as men and women of God must have strictly applicable apparel to be ready to fight the enemy. We must be Properly Dressed. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. I ask him to bless all who may read this and even those who may not read this. Please join me on Saturday for a teaching called Retention of the Body of Christ. And if you can please go to Rhema Word 2.0 for  teaching titled Growing Pains. Have a great week all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down