The Love of a Father

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As this month draws to and end I decided after much thought to end it how I started it with the theme of I love you in August and based on John 13:34-35. Those of you who are my Facebook friends get a daily dose of scriptures that deal with love. I have stepped out of my comfort zone by even telling men and woman who may be friends that I love them with the love of Christ. It is not hard for me to do this because in my last blog I spoke of the love of a Mother and scratched the surface about my Mothers love for me. I would be remiss to not mention the love that this man, James A. Wesley had for me. Yes I know he has helped countless folks but I love that he is my Father because he not only has helped many times over but also trained me how to become a man. Now did I listen. Nooo. But what he instilled in me has never gone away to the point I have the blueprint etched in my mind. Him and his brothers, Uncle Dub ( smartest one according to my Father but I never met him ) my uncles Johnny, Henry, Joseph and Lee showed me not only how to be a great man but the Love of a Father.
You see the love that these men showed me was that if you love God and accept Jesus as your personal Saviour and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you then you life should be filled with blessings and the promise of eternal life. If you go to school and get good grades that is how you can make it in this world. If you love your family you take care of them. They read the newspaper and passed it down to us ( I read the newspaper everyday until I was 45 years old ).  They never watched tv shows or movies that cursed or had sex in front of us ( my cousins and my siblings being us ). They encouraged us, especially uncle Lee to open own businesses. They worked hard and never had any problems with the government as in courts or police. They showed us how to prepare in these areas and even excel and go beyond and further. That is the love of a Father. In the next  paragraphs I will use three men in the Bible who showed the Love of a Father.

In Genesis 22nd chapter we see the story of the Father of all  nations, Abraham as he shows his love of the Father and the love of a Father. He had seen saw how God how blessed him with a child in his old age ( Genesis 18th chapter ), how God had made a covenant with him ( Genesis 15th chapter ) and how he still blessed him even though he lied ( Genesis 20th chapter ). But he knew that God will provide as he got up that morning. He had another son, Ishmael but the promises of God was coming through Isaac and he knows that God never lies ( Hebrews 6:18 ) so he got up and put his faith in the one true God. He knew when he got ready to do his assignment God would step in. This is how we must put our faith in God no matter how it looks. That is the love of a Father.

The next example of the Love of a Father is in the book of Job. As we see in the 1st chapter the things that he went thru would make a person not only curse but also take a drink. Job lost his all of possesions and then lost his family. In the 2nd chapter he had a sickness come over his body but still served the Lord no matter what his wife said. Even his friends in subsequent chapters questioned in Job was all he appeared to be. But even though got a little down he kept the faith and the love of God and was blessed beyond what he had before ( chapter 42 ). He also got on his friends for not believing in the true God. This is the love of a Father.


In the last example of the Love of a Father we look in Matthew the 1st chapter at Jesus earthly Father Joseph. We see in verse 18 where he had to go through a lot to say to himself that God is in the midst of this. Conception with the Holy Spirit. You expect me to believe that. But he showed the love of a Father and stepped in and took it upon himself to keep his word ( verse 19 ). But God then God showed his love for Joseph keeping his word by coming to him in a dream  ( verses 20-25 ) and letting him know that he was in the midst of this. This is the Love of a Father.
So as we look at the Love of a Father I bow down and humble myself to my Father God. I thank you each day for allowing to make a difference in the area of education as I teach Sunday school now. I thank God for allowing to make a difference in the area of arts and entertainment with my radio show on blogtalk radio called Brand new week, brand new attitude and my book I Slept with the choir. I thank God each day for allowing me to help the area of media by writing for thegeekchicmag.com and this blog. I want to thank God for allowing me to affect the area of business as I get ready to embark on opening the Repair Shop. I want to thank God for allowing me to help the area of religion by blessing me with ideas of my blog to reach other countries and let them see the love of a Father. I want to thank God for allowing to have men like William, Johnny, Henry, Joseph, Lee and my father James to show me the blueprint of the area of family. As of this writing my younger son who was so mad at me and would not speak to me called me yesterday to apologize. Of course I showed him the Love of a Father like what was shown to me. Join me on Facebook for daily encouragement. Follow me on twitter @brandnewweek. And join me next Friday for my blog tenatively named English Lesson ( Synonyms ). Have a great week.

Comments

  1. I thank u for another wonderful post.

    I Thank God for the Love of our Father who sent his only begotten son to restore us unto HIM. Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me!!! BLESS HIS HOLY NAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the wonderful truths you had to say about your father and his/my brothers. Good examples in the word were mentioned. The greatest challenge is when we want to help repair relationships for others, the enemy tries to run havoc in ours. Let's continue to make him a Liar and stand on what you know that God Can Do! If ours don't love us the way we think they should, reach out, somebody is willing to receive our attention and love. That son you're talking about is just like you and will take a lot of patience and prayer. You see for yourself that it works for you are our answered prayers. Yet, we all are "a work in progress". But we do know there is nothing too hard for our God and for that we can Praise God from whom all our blessings flow. Love that preserverance of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down