Repair Shop

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. This past month I was riding with my friend Angela Francis. On this particular day she had to go get her hair done and her friend Roxanne' shop. I had done this numerous times in the past so when I was getting ready to leave I told Angela I was going to the forest preserve to sit and wait as she got her hair done. At the forest preserve I would be able to do two things while I was there. I would be able to think of ideas for my blog, my radio show and my daily postings on Facebook. When you attempt to write you sometimes get writer's block and need to get to a different atmosphere ( Hmmm Writer's Block may be a blog soon LOL ). The other reason I wanted to go to the forest preserve is because it was hot that day and I needed some shade. So as I approached the forest preserve I put on my left turn signal and waited for traffic coming southbound to clear. After about a minute passed and I was going to finally turn when the back of the car got rear ended. Angela would have to take her car to the repair shop. There are things in our lives that need more than basic repair. They need a Repair Shop.

In all of or lives their is repair needed someplace. I need to repair the smile that I once had. Others seem to have to repair their cars as I see shops everywhere. Still others need work on their homes. All across America there seems to be interstate roads that constantly need repair. No matter how you look at your life there is something you would like to repair or somethings you would like to repair. In doing this blog I want to go to my trusty Dictionary.com and see what is the meaning of the word repair. Repair means as follows; to restore to a good or sounding condition after decay or damage' to remedy, make good and make up for, and to make amends for, compensate. I then look up the word shop which means as follows; any factory or business, the work, ones trade or profession and a small  store or department in a large store selling a specific or select type of good ( for the purpose of my blog I used the verb definitions of repair and shop ). So in the next paragraphs I attempt to look at three instances in the Bible where a Repair Shop was needed.

In the book of Genesis we see where there is conflict between two brothers, Esau and Jacob. It starts in Genesis 25:24-26 even coming out of the wound. We see in Genesis 25:29-34 how Esau sold his birthright to Jacob which made put more division among them. Finally we see in Genesis the 27th chapter about how Jacob gets his father, Isaac blessing. Esau wanted to kill him. Many times we see where there are stories of brothers killing one another or in our educational system how brothers even fight in school over foolishness. There has to be feel good stories somewhere in the world for the media to report. There has to be someone in the educational field that can make changes that make a difference. As we see in Genesis chapters 32 & 33 how God made it his business to compensate the relationship between the brothers. This is the first example of the repair shop.


The next example of a repair shop in the Bible is going to come from the book of Nehemiah. In the 1st Chapter we can see how it trouble Nehemiah to see how his people were forgetting about their heritage. We see in Chapter 2 were Nehemiah who was just the kings cup bearer asked to go home and rebuild the temple. As we read the whole book no matter if someone go in the way by trying to cause harm or doing things not God like we see Nehemiah eventually finished building the temple. We can repair the arts and entertainment by supporting arts and entertainment that are faith based and repair the ideas the world has about religion. God is helping with our repair shops.

The last example of a repair shop in the Bible comes from the book of Luke 15:11-32. It is a story most Christians have heard over and over again. It tells how a young men took all of inheritance and went and spent it all. He had to fight with pigs over food to eat that is how poor he had become. How the son had to humble himself to come back to the Father and ask him to take him back in the house. About how his brother wondered why the Father held a party for the wayward brother and never him. many times in our lives we are mad at things the government does and we do not even vote. Many times we are jealous of our own family members instead of supporting them. In verses 31-32 Jesus explains how we should look at things a different way.How God can remedy a select type of good.
In closing I wrote this blog I to introduce an idea for a business venture I had wrote about in my last blog. I want to start a non profit organization called the Repair Shop to have Father's who had nothing to do with or had never met their children a opportunity to repair that relationship as I served as ago between. I was one of those Father's after the breakup of my marriage to my children's Mother. I am now in the process of repairing the relationship with my young men as they now have children of their own. You do not have to wait for me to either take your problems to Jesus and have him fix them. Nor do you have to wait to repair these family relationships. It takes the Mother to want to as well as the Father to want to be involved but if necessary I will be of service once I get it up and running. Well you can catch me on blogtalk radio with my next show being called Repair Shop ( check the archives as I will be recording this tomorrow. I also am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley and provide encouraging thoughts each day and a Black history posting on Saturday. I also have twitter so you can follow me  @brandnewweek ( New twitter account ). I am a writer for the soon the be published thegeekchicmag.com ( You can check out my profile page there also ). I also have a book out I Slept with the Choir. Join me for my next blog called the Love of a Mother that is keeping in tune with my theme for the month of August which is I love you based on John 13:34-35.

Comments

  1. I LOVE IT!!

    God has given you a creative mind. Your thoughts and thought processes intrigue me. I suspect that if I was a little speck in your brain I would be constantly running to stay out of the way of the many thoughts and ideas that are moving within.

    Your blogs always leaving me thinking! Today I recalled reading Nehemiah and coming away with a new understanding of tolerance for others. I recalled how for many years and many teachers I asked questions after question about the Prodigal sons without satisfaction. Then one day I asked God to answer my question. No long after, I was listening to a song and Pastor Clay Evans spoke on the subject at the beginning of an album/CD and so many of my questions were answered. I simply love the European version of the movie Brothers (it was Americanized in your version), and today I listened to the music and a couple of the videos. I enjoyed them all!! Good job.

    Repair Shop huh? It is true we (and all things) need to be repaired at some time. In the manufacturing business world we taught and practiced a concept that we should not wait for a problem to happen, but we should practice preventive measures to ensure we were always up and running. Christian Preventive measures: Reading Gods word, for instruction, reproof, and correction, to be in fellowship with others of faith, serving God, and others. Alas, We can be a Repair Shop for someone else!

    God Bless you Fred. I pray that your endeavor to help fathers regain and establish a relationship with their children grows in righteousness and as big as your dreams. I love your faithfulness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stated, "Many times we are jealous of our own family members instead of supporting them." - I can definitely relate. I really enjoyed reading your post. Good job and keep it up. Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred, I thank God for your preserverance. Don't give up even though sometimes your family members are not as supportive as you would like us to be. You write faster than I can read. I commend your sticktoitness lol as that is certainly an attibute. I'm glad you're finding joy in writing from your heart and encouraging the masses. Who would ever thunk it! lol Keep up the good work by making lemonade out of the lemons of life.
    An Introvert =ing an Extrovert. Love Always, Mom We thank God for the Repairer, Jesus Christ the Savior of the World.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down