Tough Love ( Onboarding Training Sessions)

Good morning and Happy Saturday. As we continue in the month of Onboarding in March based on Deuteronomy 6:5-9, John 1025-30 and 1st Corinthians 1:18-24 I had parents that although they spoiled me they did not spare the rod. In my household you did things the way that James and JoAnn wanted them. There was leeway for my sister Angela and myself to grow but to something foolish was grounds for discipline. I had been whipped with a belt, an extension cord, a broom, punched and even had a iron thrown at me because of being disrespectful and not following the direction of what the people who was paying the household bills. I used to want to run away and never come back because I felt so wronged. My mind would drift into places that it was not supposed and I had thoughts that could have been painful for myself. Looking back today I am so glad that my parents gave me something that I needed to become the man I am now. Tough Love.
As we continue this teaching I want to define the meaning of the phrase tough love. I go to my source of definitions and that is dictionary.com.Tough Love means the following; a mixture of toughness
and warmth used in a relationship, especially with an adolescent. As we continue in the Onboarding Process Training Sessions we must know that God will correct when we are wrong and then bless when we get it correct. It's called Tough Love.
As we come into the Word of God for the teaching of Tough Love I begin in Numbers 14:11-24. In this passage of scriptures God has taken the people away from a captive state and they turn around
start to complain. This caused them not to see the promised land but their descendants would. One of the things those new to the Body of Christ must understand that if God says it is so it is so. He will correct and then bless. Tough Love.
In continuing this teaching of Tough Love from the Word of God I to to 1st Kings 11:1-13. In these verses the great King Solomon who was the wisest man in the land turned away from the Lord and
God took away all but one kingdom away from him. As we talk to those new to the Body of Christ we know that God will stop doing for you when you stop doing what you are supposed to do. Tough Love.
As we come to the close of the Biblical portion of this teaching I go Hebrews 12:3-11. In this passage of scripture Paul is telling the us that we should be angry when God does correct us when we are
wrong but in the long run blessings will come of the discipline. As you become new to the Body of Christ what may seem like God does not love you he is making your greater later. Tough Love.
In closing we must remember that a mixture of toughness and warmth used in a relationship, especially with an adolescent, in this case those new to the Body of Christ, is part of becoming part of the Kingdom of Heaven. I look back today on the things I had to endure such as job loss, lack of finances, knocked down from my thinking I was better than others and refusing to do the work of God, the discipline he gave me has me on path to great things here on Earth and everlasting life after I perish. Tough Love. An Onboarding Training Session. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching and ask him to show favor to all that reads this teaching. Please go to Rhema Word 2.0 and read a teaching called Victory is Yours. And please join me Monday for a teaching called Orientation Day coming from the 1st base scripture of the month, Deuteronomy 6:5-9. Have a great weekend.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down