Publish Your Occupation

Good afternoon and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we are still in The Year of the wind based on Exodus 14:21 and Acts 2:2 I am in transition as Publish In January based on Psalms 26:7 and Luke 8:39 is about to come to a close. I want to explain to those who do not know me what I do, or what my occupation is. My occupation that brings me income and pays my bills is a doorman at a residential building. Although the picture I have on this blog shows me in a chef's outfit I am not a chef ( but I play one on tv, LOL. I love that commercial ) do modeling at times for a agency that deals with food. I am a son, a sibling, a father, a grandfather, a nephew, a cousin, a uncle, and friend to many. I am currently helping out with Rhema Word 2.0 ( Valley Kingdom Ministries International Sunday School )  in reaching the masses through technology. These things just looking at me you would not know. People of faith, it is time we Publish Our Occupations so the world can see what we are all about.
In looking up the word occupation to explain where I am going I want to go to my familiar friend Dictionary.com to get the definition. The meaning of occupation means the following; possession,
settlement, or use of land or property. I want to use this definition here for this blog. Yes I know most of us have occupations in the church. There Apostles, Pastors, Deacons,, Prophets, Evangelist, Mothers Boards, Praise and Worship Teams, Choir Members, Teachers and Ushers who all do great work for the kingdom of God in the church and even in the communities we live in. But when do we take the gloves out and occupy places like Wall Street and the Financial district of Chicago to let people know that we are here to impact the world as Christians. Its time to Publish Your Occupation. In the next three paragraphs I am going to use examples from the Word of God to see how these men Published Their Occupation.

In my first example in the Word of God I go Exodus 7:1-3. God has told Moses that not only has he made him a person who could deal with Pharaoh, he also made Aaron, his brother speak for him. There are times
we have to have not only the word in our hearts but have to have others speak for us. My message may not reach the youth as their vernacular is changing daily ( although I do have nieces and nephews to keep me informed ) and I would have trouble keeping up or remembering. I may not reach the seniors as my message might be to technology so I would need some one to talk for me. But the entire context of my message is that God will talk through you and make things that may seem hard come to pass with miraculous signs and wonders. God wants us to Publish Our Occupation so we can take possessions of some areas.

In looking in my next example of Publish Your Occupation I want to go to 1st Samuel 10:1-11. We see where Samuel, a judge has answered the people and gone and found what they wanted, a king to rule over
them. In doing so he chooses a man with God's guidance to fulfill this role. Saul was not from the best tribes of Israel, ( the tribe of Benjamin ), but he was chosen. There are times when our situations do not look good, and issues multiply into more issues and trouble is always around the corner. Let the comforter come into your life. Saul had never felt the Holy Spirit before but when he did it made alterations of his life. We can do the same thing. Saul took over a kingdom. We eventually  can but for now let us Publish Our Occupations in some settlements

In my last example of Publish Your Occupation I go to Hebrews 2:9-13. In this passage it tells of how God had Jesus a little lower than the angels so he could come down here on earth and fulfill the law. We here on
earth already know that we can trust in Jesus. He has not  failed you or your families but we choose to keep silent about how we can heal for fear we would be laughed at. We choose to keep silent about how the blood covers us daily because it is not cool. We choose to let our lights be in our homes rather than light up the world. Jesus was out in the world saving souls and so should we. We need to Publish Our Occupation to get our property back.
In closing as we Publish Our Occupations we are prepared to take our land back. We are prepared to change education. We are prepared to change arts and entertainment. We are prepared to change media. We are prepared to change businesses. We are prepared to change religion. We are prepared to change families. We are prepared to change government. These are things that the world is trying to claim but I decree and declare today that we are going to Publish Our Occupations in these areas and move the kingdom of God from the background to the forefront. To God I give all the glory. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com which will be debuting soon ( prayerfully ). I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley. I am on twitter @brandnewweek ( ok ok I am going to start posting daily ) so you can follow me. I still have a book called I Slept With the Choir. I am finally doing my radio show again tomorrow called Publish Your Lineup on blog talk radio and the show is called Brand new week. Brand new attitude. On next month on Facebook I feature people who are important in Black history no matter what color. On my blog though I will have a new theme and keep the blog with faith initiatives. Have a great week. I salute you all for a great job this month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down