Publish Your Still

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. Publish in January based on Psalm 26:7 and Luke 8:39.  I was on Facebook on this weekend and I happened to read a post. I  had previously had another title that I was going with but when I read the post is was like God inspired me to not only share her post and change the title of this blog. I haven't worked since Dec. 14, 2007!!! Times haven't been all strawberries and cream!! My health has failed me...family members have walked away or transitioned home...friendships have come and gone...finances have been all over the place...husband has acted crazy sometimes (so have I)...been lied to...been lied on...possessions have come and gone...been hurt and disappointed my those I love most...BUT GOD STILL GETS THE GLORY!!! Demetria Brand Triplett posted this on Facebook on Saturday and it touched many, including myself who read it. So I am going to Publish My Still.

One of the first things I want to do in this blog is give the definition of the word still. Of course I go to my source which is Dictionary.com. The word still means as follows; remaining in place or at rest; stationary;
motionless. Many times we as people of faith have to be more than what we are. There are so many great things happening in our lives that we tell no one. I know there are people out there who think of your good news as bad news because they are haters but publish still. I am 50 years old, taking college courses to get my degree in Human Resources Management and am pulling A's. God has already blessed me with better health this year. Even today as my grandmother is sick ( please lift up Lila Mae Birdsong in your prayers ) I am like Demetria, I STILL GOING TO SERVE GOD! . Next three paragraphs will have three people in the Word of God who published their still.

In my first example in the Word of God I start in the book of Genesis 44:18-34. In this passage we see where Joseph, who has not revealed himself to his brothers yet, is attempting to take away Benjamin from
his family. Judah refuses to let that happen. Although he was talking a person that was equal to the Pharaoh, who was the ruler of Egypt, he was not going to let his brother be taken away. There are so many times that we have gotten despondent over the government doing things to hold us back or forgotten about a family member who has been in jail, runaway or is on drugs. It we reach out to God and ask him to do these things he will. Our trust has to remaining in the same place and resting. He has never failed any one. Judah spoke out against the government to change his situation. Judah spoke out to help his family member. We can do the same. Publish Your Still.

In my next example from the Word of God I go to Ruth 1:8-18. In this passage we see where Naomi is leaving to return home. Her husband is dead. Her two sons are dead. She is hungry and at her last wits,
so she is going home. We also see that even though Ruth has heard about this God only by hearing about him she wants to go with Naomi any way. I know some of you want to start you own social media platform or website. I know some of you have dreamed of a career in the arts and entertainment industry. Others know that opening up a business is their calling. If you have requested this of the Lord you can trust in him like Ruth and just be stationary until he comes in a takes control. Publish Your Still.

In the last example in the Word of God I go to Matthew 9:1-8. In this passage Jesus has just came back home and man of palsy has been brought to Jesus. In those times any infirmity that you or your parents has
sinned. There are some of us who know they can make a difference in education but have heard a faith based school will not work. Some of us want to have a church with no walls and just take it to the streets
religion has told you it will not work. Jesus seeing the faith of those who brought the man with palsy to him not only forgave him of his sins but gave him ability to walk. You can open that school and change educational ways. You can be in the streets with a ministry. You can be motionless and Publish Your Still. God will come.
In closing if you do not have the faith it will happen it will not happen. On the day America celebrates Martin Luther King Day he had a dream given to him by God. He set out to change education, arts and entertainment, businesses, religion, government, media and family by dreaming of racial equality. All the the things he dreamed about was not easy. He had to remain at a place of peace while getting jailed. He had to be stationary as he was being jeered by many. He had to remain motionless while being spit upon. He was not around to see how the world has changed. But he Publish His Still that the there will be changes. To God be the glory. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley. I am on twitter @brandnewweek. I am on blogtalk radio ( I will be doing a show tomorrow ) and my show is called Brand New Week, Brand New Attitude. I am in the process of turning my book I Slept with the Choir into a play. Have a great week. Join me for next blog called Did I Do That?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down