Self Published

Good morning and Happy Sunday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. The theme is Publish in January based on Psalm 26:7 and Like 8:39. As I have mentioned many times before I have written a book called I Slept With the Choir. When I finished the book I wanted to find a publisher. I talked to a fellow author, Ms. Caroline Washington and she told me about this company that I chose to have my book published by. When I gave them permission to print my book I did not follow Ms. Washington's advice on getting the proper materials, taken the proper action or promoting my book therefore my book is not selling well. I also when I wrote my book did so on my won. Although my book has my main character eventually coming back to Christ, I did not actually get on my hands and knees, fast, or seek counsel from people on what my book should be about. I wrote a book at the time that I wanted to do to get my name out there. I actually Self Published.
In looking to the definition of the word self published I actually go back to my tried and true friend, Dictionary.com. The meaning of self published means as follows: published independently by the author;

having published one's work; self published books. Many times in my life I have done things that were independent of what God wanted me to do. Other times I try do publish my own works in spite of what Holy Spirit has given me. And lastly I self publish even though I know Jesus has things better for me. In the next three paragraphs I will use from the Word of God three example of Self Published work in this way, not using the proper materials, not taking the proper action and promoting my own book.


In my first example in the Word of God of doing things that is independent of God by self publishing I go to Genesis 4:3-12. In this passage Cain was not pleased that God loved Abel's offering and did not like his.

Cain did not offer God the proper materials to get his blessings.Abel offered the first born of his flock. I, in writing that book and in other things in my life did not give God the proper material to use me, to lead me and to guide me. And just like in Genesis 4:15 God still watched over me and let no harm come to me as I am his child. This is my first example of Self Published.

In my next example in the Word of God about self publishing and doing my own work instead of the Holy Spirit I go to one of my favorite books of the Bible which is 1st Kings. In Kings 22:6:-28 we see where the
four hundred Prophets of Ahab tell him and Jehoshaphat that the land of Ramoth in Gilead is theirs to go conquer and take back. But even Ahab trusted in no one except one he knew that was close to God. There are many times we have our friends, our loved ones and sometimes are enemies dictate which way we should go that we do not take the proper action given to us by the Holy Spirit. Doing this our dreams die, our hope goes away and we are led on a path of death. God sent a lying spirit to convince Ahab, who did not do things pleasing to God to where Ahab wound up in verse 37, dead. God will place people in your life to see if you will listen to them or the Holy Spirit. This is my second example of Self Published.
In my last example of self published and promoting one's on book or direction I go the Acts 8:9-24. In this passage is the story of Simon who was doing the devil's work and bewitching the people as is he was some
great one. There are many people who we tend to look up to, celebrities, athletes and the such who bewitch us with their looks and talents. It may be even that they believe in Christ who died for our sins. But the fame and glory gets to them where like Simon they will do anything to keep and maintain that status even though it means doing things of the world. Once Simon was rebuked by Peter he straightened up. We need to ask the  blood of Jesus to open our eyes so we will not be bewitched. This is my last example of Self Published.
In closing we must be ever mindful what we do. At times God does come in and makes all well but we tend to take the glory. At times the Holy Spirit is present when we heal but we tend to say we did it. Other times Jesus is actually the great one but we say it is our own doing. Self Publishing gets you no where. Ask Cain, Ahab and Simon. To God I give all the glory. I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley. On twitter @brandnewweek. I write for thegeekchicmag.com. I will resume my radio shoe tomorrow on Blogtalk radio called Brand new week. Brand new attitude. Please join me next blog called I Really Don't Need You. Have a great week. Please lift my grandma Ms. Liila Mae Birdsong in prayer. Amen.

Comments

  1. I have "self published" many times in my life. Even now in my parenting choices, I have self published and is paying the consequences for it. Our self published choices like Adam and Eve's affect those around us. As I become more acquainted with Christ and His character, I am seeking Him to pour His character onto me in order that I seek Him to make right what is wrong.....especially and most importantly the wrong within me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down