I Really Don't Need You

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we continue to Publish in January based on Psalm 26:7 and Luke 8:39 I wanted to publish a situation that happened to me. I was in a relationship with this woman for over 12 years. I was dependent on her for housing, food and if I needed money she was there. This woman, TP, was dependent on me for doing things like cooking, washing her clothes and getting things from the store. We were getting along  very well as I worked two jobs, our rent was subsidized and our bills were low. I could go and come as I pleased and when she did leave the house she was either with her sister or at the club which I had no problem with. I would often tell people that even though TP was lazy, did not work or did not even drive that would stay with her because she had my back. I thought the things I was doing for her could not or no one else would want to do them. So one day when we had an argument she told me that she really didn't need me. I left and knew that she would call me back like she always did. TP never called me back. She really didn't need me. I fast forward today to things or people in my life that are negative and tell them today, I Really Don't Need You.
In our lives we feel we need a lo of things we do not really need. For many years I woke up in he morning with a need for a marijuana joint and a cigarette just so I could gain my focus and be prepared for a day at
work. For others it is that cup of coffee and that toast with jelly/jam on it to get us started. And then even for others it is that morning argument with our spouse/significant other that gets our day started. In all of these instances we have felt a need to do these things just to start our day when each things I just mentioned is a choice but not a need. When God is head over your life the things you need will be greater than the things of your choices. In the next three paragraphs I will look at 3 kings in the Bible who God had blessed so much but got caught up in some bad situations and probably realized, I Really Don't Need You.

In looking at my first example in the word of God I go to 2nd Samuel 11:2-5. In this passage David has sinned as he looked at Bathsheba as something he needed, he just had to have. David could have had any
but he wanted something that was not his. I could look back over my life and ask God for forgiveness for the many things that I have taken fro people in their lives as I was ruthless in my pursuit to get the things that I needed or at least thought I needed. The marijuana, the cocaine, the alcohol, all taken to mask the pain of being disappointed of not being accepted by the in crowd, the cool crowd. In Luke 22:31-34 Jesus prays for Peter as he knows that Peter is going to deny him. Jesus do is already sitting on the throne looking at all of us and wondering when are we going to stop denying him in our lives. The things of our heart that seems that we cannot do without we can. Most are of the the enemy. Tell him. I Really Don't Need You in my life.

In the Word of God I am going to 1st Kings 11:1-11 to look at King Solomon. Solomon had everything. He had so much that other kingdoms came to give him more riches. When you are hooked up and hooked in
with God that is what happens. But Solomon let the desire of his flesh overcome the desire of God who had given him all ever needed. Many times in my life, even today I fight with the desire of the flesh. Although I know the consequences I still have the enemy working to throw me off my game. In John 3:9 after Jesus had spoken to Nicodemus about being born again Nicodemus a learned man, could not understand what he meant. I struggle with the what God wants me to do. Even at times with all that I have got going on there is a desire not to teach through my blogging. But I do not question my calling. I do not and will not let the enemy come into my life and let my flesh do his bidding. I have known for a while I Really Don' Need You.

In my last example in the Word of God I go 2nd Chronicles 18:28-32  and look at Jehoshaphat. In verse 1 of this chapter we see that King Jehoshaphat had all and then some. Looking at the previous chapter he took
away all the evil things associated with the enemy and God blessed him. But he saw a king of Israel and saw that he had a great army and wanted to conquer more. Even though I had God in my life I saw my friends of the world having more and doing more so I wanted the flashy car, the jewelry and the money that came with it. I would turn my back on those who I thought was holding me back like that coworker who trained me, like the guy I went to Bible class with and like my own family. The enemy was happy. In Mark 15:30-32 not only the crowd mocked Jesus but also the religious leaders. They mocked him to come down from the cross. The enemy wants us to come down from our throne. I Really Don't Need You.
In closing the enemy is saying to us I really don't need you to make changes in areas he controls. He does not want us to change the content that is on television so he persuades us to not to male changes in the arts and entertainment areas. The enemy does not want us to make changes in the area of religion so he keeps different factions at bickering. The enemy really don't need us as a people of faith tho get involved in the areas of government because the laws, especially gun laws favor him. The enemy really don' want us in social media because by bringing the Word of God here would break one of his strongholds. The enemy really don' want faith based businesses to succeed because he knows it would generate the capital to fight his agendas. The enemy really don't want us in education because knowledge is power. The enemy really don't need us to improve the area of family because he likes how things are going. Take a moment and look in the mirror, listen to yourself, and hug yourself and tell the enemy once and for all, I REALLY DON'T NEED YOU !! To God be the glory and let those who read be blessed beyond favor. Please join me for next blog. Publish Your Lineup. Have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down