SWOT Analysis ( Religious Edition )

Good morning and Happy Monday.Brand new attitude. The past is the past.The future is unlimited. As we continue in the month of Move in January based on Genesis 12:-1-3, Ezekiel 37:10-13 and Matthew 26:52-54 I want to stray off of the theme of the month for one blog per month to bring a teaching that has been given to me. As I am now in the second week of my classes at a online university I am taking a marketing class. In the class I have seen a couple of acronyms that has caught my eye. One of the was SWOT. When I first saw it in my class last semester it just glossed over it but never gave a meaning to me that I could grasp. So in this blog I am going to be doing a SWOT Analysis on the how I think we as the people of God are doing in the world today. So on this day I begin the SWOT Analysis on what we have as a people of faith.
SWOT actually stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. In business this is vital to know as you want  to know what are the strengths so you can build on them. In business you want to know what are your
 weaknesses are so you can turn them into strengths. You want to know where new opportunities present themselves. And you also want to know where your threats are coming from. We must look at religion the same way. So I shall begin my SWOT Analysis. Religious Edition.

In looking at strengths we have God who created all man ( Genesis 1:1-2). God is our deliver from each and every problem we may have ( Genesis 41:37-40, Daniel 3:16-25 ). We have  the Son, Jesus who came down to earth to free
us from sin ( Matthew 1:24-25 and Mark 15:21-39 ). Jesus is also the author and finisher of our faith Hebrews 12:1-2 ). And we also have the Holy Spirit inside us to guide us daily ( Acts 2:2-4 and Acts 10:44-48). These are some of the strengths that we can show the world.

As many strengths as we have you would think that we would have any weakness but as a body and individuals of Christ we do. At times we are not our brothers keeper ( Genesis 4:1-9 ). We at times are not trusting in the God's
word ( Numbers 14:1-10).  We at times hate those who get more glory ( 1st Samuel 18:1-11 ). We are opposed to change ( Ezra 4:4-6 ). And finally at times we even not only betray other Christians but our family and our ourselves at well ( Mark 14:10-11). Unfortunately these are just some of our weaknesses.  SWOT Analysis. Religious edition.

In looking in the Word of God there are plenty of opportunities that we can go into and spread the Word of God. God wants to continue to bless all who love him and are obedient to him. In Matthew 10:5-15 Jesus
gives instructions on how to spread the gospel. And in Acts 1:4-8 the Holy Spirit is given to us and more opportunities to teach the world. We can educate and teach the Word of God through technology as well.
Inn closing we all must be aware of the threats. We can lose our youth, an entire generation if we do not advance the gospel in areas where we once had a stronghold such as arts and entertainment, family, education, government, media, and business. The threat of our seniors testimonies on how God has played a vital part in their lives is almost going to be a thing of the forgotten past. The victories by protesting and marching are all going to go by the wayside because of lack of knowledge. We must as Christians no matter what theological differences must come together because surely we can see the enemy has been very active and wants to really get our youth. We must strengthen our strongholds. We must improve and move forward from our weaknesses. We must look at how to create more opportunities to get the Word of God out to the masses but also the principles like tithing and fasting as well. We must continue to defend and be aware of the threats. This SWOT Analysis was provided to me by the Holy Spirit and provide by the Blood of Jesus and God. May God bless all those who read this and of course I give God all the glory and the honor. Please join me as I blog on Friday called Move Into a Better Place based on Genesis 12:1-3, the first base scripture. I am also a contributing blogger for Rhema Word 2.0. I am looking forward to a blog by the Youth Pastor of VKMI Pastor Sabrina Williams as she will be doing a blog for Rhema Word 2.0. And lastly my heart goes out to the Watson family as my dear friend Dee Watson has passed away. As tears are welling in my eyes she always told me how great I made her feel with my kind words to her. Your crown is waiting for you Dee. You are a Champion in your home going as well as in life. Happy MLK DAY All.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down