Moved Away From Truth

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we continue to Move in January based on Genesis12:1-3, Ezekiel 37:10-13 and Matthew 26:52-54 I want to go back to the beginning of the year 2000 and when I worked for a government agency. At this time I live with Tonia P. and we had lived with each other for many years. We had our ups and downs but we knew when push came to shove we had each other backs. But this particular year I was feeling somewhat different because when I went from being an average guy to a hot commodity at this government agency. See I was the type who would say and do anything. I was the wild and parting type and would come to work high, go to lunch and get high and hung with those who did the same things I did. To some women that was a good attribute and the shift we worked was the midnight shift which meant men and women were away from their spouse/significant other. Although I began to be involved with one at work when Tonia P. asked me if I had I denied it. I was being to Moved Away From the Truth.
As my relationship began with Jeanette P. it began as just a ride to work. Although one of my requirements in a my woman was that they did not get high, smoke cigarettes or drink it did not
 drink alcohol Jeanette P. was just a sidekick and our time was just spent in the car rides home and at work. When Tonia P. found out about Jeanette P. we separated I told Jeanette P. that we could be together at the while I was actually beginning to hang with Antionette J. who worked at the same government agency. I was Moving Away From the Truth. Further.

In Genesis 12:10-20 after receiving the promises from God Abram thought it would be better for him to lie to Pharaoh about the position of Sarai. This caused damage all those involved in the deception.
After promising Jeanette P. I started spending more and more time with Antionette J. Jeanette P bought me lunch everyday but it was after I asked Antionette what see wanted and once Jeanette P. brought it to me I gave it to Antionette. One day Jeanette saw Antionette eating what she bought me and I put a spin on it and had her believe me. I was Moved From the Truth. Even further.

In Genesis the 18th chapter once again Abraham has thought it prudent to leave out certain information that affects everyone involved. Although Antionette have had a quick fling my focus is on Jeanette P. That
is until I meet Mechie who everything I had wanted in a woman. Smart. Classy and fine. And she likes me as well. I have to actually break up with Jeanette P so I take her to the motel and without doing anything to her and I told her I needed time for myself. I Moved Away From the Truth. Way Away.

In Genesis 21:22-25 Abraham initially makes a deal with Abimelech but gets angry when he is betrayed by Abimelech men. I finally was free of Jeanette and Tonia was the past and Mechie was my
future. That was until Mechie told me that she had something to tell me. It turns out when I went to the hotel to break up with Jeanette,  Mechie's best friend saw me and told her. As I tried to tell Mechie the truth it was to no avail. I had Moved Away From the Truth so far that when I told the truth it felt like a lie to others.
In closing what I just wrote was a true story. When I Moved Away from the truth it initially hurt others because of my deception. When I Moved Away from the truth leaving out certain information hurt a family. And when I Moved Away From the Truth the betrayals came back to haunt me. In order to get to the blessings that God has for us we have to move away from the falsehoods, the deceit and the betrayals. As much as Abraham was blessed he seemed to lie after each one of his blessings. We know that he is the Father of all generations but just think of how he might not have had to even be tested by sacrificing Isaac if he had trusted in God earlier. Maybe God test us to see if we will be truthful or lie. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. It feels good to be in  a good truthful place with him and although I am not perfect I strive each to get better. Have a great weekend. Please join me for my next blog called Never Gonna Tell It.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down