I Love You ( Theme for August )

Good morning and Happy Wednesday. Brand new month. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. I want to thank God once again for allowing me to awake to see another day. As I got into my 30's I started seeing life differently. Not to say I was a negative person before that age but I started to see things in a more than expected frame of mind. There was a saying that about a person seeing a glass half full or half empty. If they asked me I would say that is going to be overflowing where you will have a abundance of full glasses. In sports sometimes my teams are down to the last out, down by 9 points with little time to play or down to match point but when they come back to win it is not an upset to me because I expected it. When my Mother and Uncle Lee beat the odds and defeated cancer I already knew it would happen. See when you are covered by the blood and the love of Jesus you expect things. So my theme for this month is something you can expect from me everyday this month. The theme for this month I Love you in August.



So as I  normally do I will accompany my theme with a base scripture which will come from John 13:34-35. Jesus spoke this as he knew his time was coming to an end. He knew he had to fulfill the law and the prophecy of many prohets. Yet he was not loved in his own country (  Mark 6:1-6 ) and had to be wary of not only the Pharisees and the Saduccees ( John 7:1 ) but also the Herodians  ( Matthew 22:16-22 ). But in spite of all these things Jesus loved all. In looking up the word love in Dictionary.com I see it means as follows; a proufoundly tender, passtionate affection for another person, a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection and a person to who love is felt. In the next 3 paragraphs I will give an example of each of the meanings of love with a biblical background.


In the bible there are many instances of how Jesus showed a passionate affection for another person but I would like to focus on this passage of scrpiture which is John 8:1-11 which is about the woman who committed adultery. In Leviticus 20:10 it tells of what must done to the man and woman that commits adultery ( why the man was not brought to Jesus is strange because it says the man and the woman must be stoned to death ). But it shows what a awesome love that Jesus had for the woman as he not only saves her but forgives her sins that day. This is the kind of love I am going to exhibit as I judge no one and encourage all in a passionate affection way.

As I look at the second example of the love of Jesus being proufoudly tender and having a warm personal attachment or deep feelings I go to Matthew the 8th chapter were he heals a man of leprosy, the servant of a centurion, who is not even of Jewish descent, from palsy, Peter's mother was healed of fever, he calmed the sea and made it obey, and caused a man named Legion, who was named this because of the many devils in his body,  to release  them from his body. See the people who were sick of any disease and possesed by the devil were outcast. No one wanted anything to do with these cursed people but Jesus did. How many times have we regret we have not said I love you and then shed tears that we did not. We must exercise love.

The last example of Jesus showing a peson how love is felt is gong to come from John 11:1-46. This the story of Lazurus and Jesus raised him from the dead. It is a passage of scripture that not only touched those at that time but know as well. Can you imagine being in not only in a dead state but also in a tomb for 3 days. Many of us are in this state right now dealing with things like death, foreclosure, health issues, layoffs, unemployment, underemployment, governmnent problems, business problems, no money for you and/or your children's education, family issues, lack of religion foresight, ideas for you arts and entertainment and lack funding and backing, you are being bullyed on social media, bad marriages and unhealthy relationships and some of us are hungry. But Jesus is saying I love you and I will raise all that is dead in your life and heal you. Jesus is a person who shows how love is felt.

When Jesus died for our sins ( John chapter 19 ) he showed his love for all is in a profoundly tender, passionate affection, and a  feeling of warm personal attachment. When he arose again ( John chapter 20 ) he showed us how ot feels to be loved. To each and every person who reads my blogs I love you each month but I will tell you I Love You in August each and every blog, twitter posting ( @brandnewfwes ), on Facebook ( Frederick Wesley ) and on blogtalk radio ( Brand new week. Brand new radio ). Look for me on thegeekchicmag.com and join me next week for my new blog called tenatively called Domestic Abuse. To God I give all the glory and the honor. Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down