The Love of a Mother

Good morning and Happy Friday. As my theme for the month is I love you in August based on John13:34-35 I have found that love is a something we all can relate to. Now the beautiful woman who I am kissing is my Mother. When I was a child this woman sewed my clothes, combed my hair, cooked my food, and taught me things. As I got into my teen years and rebelled by using drugs, drinking and smoking squares ( squares are actually cigarettes ) we did not have the best relationship but she hung in there with me. Many different issues happened to her, my Dad, my sister Angela and myself but one thing we always got from JoAnn Wesley is that she showed the Love of a Mother. Even to this day.
Even though I was blessed to have my Father in my life I really am thankful for my Mother. She birthed me into this world and did so many other things for me. She learned from her Mother, Mrs. Lilla Mae Birdsong who taught her well. When I go to Dictionary.com and look up the world Mother I see the meanings as follows; a term of address for a female parent or a woman having or regarded as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent. So we see where giving birth to or even having any children by any other means does not mean that you are not a Mother. Keep that in mind. So in the next paragraphs I attempt to show examples of 3 women in the Bible who personify the Love Of A Mother.

So my first example of the Love of a Mother comes from Exodus 2:5-10. The woman named Bithiah ( also mentioned in 1st Chronicles 4:18) did not have to take an interest in the child and could have just walked away. But she made sure the child, Moses was not only taken care by having someone take care of him until had gotten older, (his natural Mother ) and then she stepped in and took over the rearing of the child after it was know longer possible for the woman to take of the child because of the decree of Pharoah ( Exodus 1:15-16 ). Now a days with men having children with multiple women and most marriages or relationship starting with children already involved we need to make sure that we put the child's interest above the interest over the relationship/marriage. As much as it hurts a person to try to get along with the person your loved one had a child with if you let love come in it will change the direction of how families can be successful.


The next example comes from one of my favorite books in the Bible 2nd Kings 4:8-17 and 18-37. It tells of Elisha and the Shunammite woman. In verses 8-17 we see where the Shuammite woman first exhibited motherly love to Elisha by building a room to lay his head as he passed to and fro. Not asking anything of him but offering to help just because. We as Christians must look at this as a great example of how the love of a Mother no matter how small makes a difference because we see in verses 18-37 how she is blessed by God through Elisha who raised her son who once was dead. The Love of a Mother can start new things, show love to others and then still able to provide love for her family.

The final example comes from the book of Luke. In Luke 1:26-56 we see the story of the most blessed Mother of all time, Mary. God had given Mary an assignment and it was difficult. Being pregnant and not being married at that time was a death sentence to Mary. ( Deuteronomy 22:22-24 ). Then she also had to accept the assignment God had given her. It was a great assignment but it had to be taxing for her to tell Joseph that an she was able to conceive a child in a way no other woman has never had. God has assignments for all of us. They may be big. They may be small. They may be something that puts us in danger but accepting the assignment is what we have to do. Mary showed the Love of a Mother for all of us by accepting her assignment.
So even though you may have or may not have children you can make a difference in the world. You can birth ideas to help advance the kingdom of God in the areas of arts and entertainment, media, family, education, business, religion, and government. The world is waiting for you Mothers to love your children as well as others, petition God for yourself and others and prepare a path for the children or your ideas. Now give all the Mothers in your life a big hug and tell them you you love them as they have always given you the Love of a Champion. You can Facebook friend me as I bring daily encouraging messages. Follow me on twitter @brandnewweek. Listen to my radio show called Brand new week, Brand new attitude ( shows are archived but newest episode will be called Show Time ). I am writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I also have a book called I Slept with the Choir. Join me Monday for my blog called Love of a Father. Have a great weekend. To God be the glory. I love you Ma!
P.S. I want to congratulate my Sunday School ( Rhema Word )  quiz team the Holy Warriors for winning the quiz challenge based on Ephesians chapters 1,2, and 3 at Valley Kingdom West. We now compete against Valley Kingdom East ( their Champion team ) on September 2. I want to thank the students and my co teacher Tawana Williams ( not pictured ) for all the hard work done. Pictured from left to right bottom row; Superintendent of Rhema Word Liz Hope, Deon, Kayla and quiz master Odell McCarty, row above them Eric and Calah and myself. Not pictured is Devon, Jasmine and Teacher Tawana Williams.
Photo: Earlier today the young people that are in this picture won the Valley West Quiz Team Challenge. Deon, Eric, Kayla and Kayla pulled it out in overtime. Pictured with the is Quizmaster Odell McCarty and Rhema Word Superintendent Liz Hope. My co teacher Tawana Wiilliam

Comments

  1. Thanks Fred for your compliments. One thing I did that waa positively correct and that was believe God was able to restore you to sanity. (smile). I did pray, pray and prayed some more. We are not all we should be but thank God we are not what we use to be. God is a God of many chances. Your desire to teach and be a good example is very commendable. Keep up the good work! Power to the Holy Warrior Quiz Team! God Bless them as they learn and have fun competing. I also like how you corporate the clips with the article. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article Fred!!! As a mother, I can truly appreciate it and I love the fact that you mentioned giving birth does not make you a mother. I see this firsthand on a daily basis working with children in foster care. So many of them are in need of a mother-figure and it is so sad to see these women continue to give birth to multiple children and not be there to give them the love and attention that they need (the state just keeps taking them. As a human race, we have to do better. But again, great article! God is doing something miraculous in your life...keep up the good work. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down