Extreme Makeover ( Religion Edition )

Good morning and Happy Friday. As I was taking classes to become a teacher of the Word of God the last module or segment of classes we took was taught by Ms. Roberta Coleman. The classes dealt with spreading the word thru technology. Ms. Coleman also told the class told a remarkable story about how people in non profit organizations need faith based organizations help on how to implement programs in the hood but also that might help the church. The non profit organizations would try to contact the churches but most of the times they tried no one was at the church to even hear about the programs they were offering. I have moved to the city and spoken to Ms. Coleman about how I wanted to start a non profit organization called the Repair Shop that would bring Father's estranged from their children into communication with each other. I found the same problems when I went to the churches to see if they would be of interest in my organization. The doors of the church were closed. At 9a to 11a the doors were closed. From 12p to 4 the doors were closed. The one place what needs to be open for all is closed to not only the saved but the unsaved. The area of religion needs an Extreme Makeover.


As I travel back and forth in the city I go to different places but see the same thing. I go to the public library and see a whole lot of homeless men and women. I travel on the public transportation in the city and see homeless men and women ( plus the sock lighter cigarette and dvd/cd man but that is another story ). When I walk up and down the blocks around my hood I see young men and women expecting nothing but booze and drugs ( as I write this blog it is the day before the 1st of the month so the night is abuzz with movement of the drug addicted and the alcoholics ). Right next to me is a porch full of people who only know how the porch looks. I, as Christian see all of this and just shake my head at myself and wonder what if anything can I do. But I as a Christian do mostly nothing but complain and shake my head. I do not even speak to my neighbors but I themed this month I love you in August but then show no love. So today I am going to focus on the extreme makeover, religious edition, in three ways. Myself, inside the church and finally outside the church.

Yes I am a teacher of the Word of God at VKMI but when I get to the Roseland area on the southside of Chicago I turn into Fred the stuckup neighbor. Do not look at me because my look is one that could kill. I have to be of a tough demeanor in this tough neighborhood so I cannot show any feelings. Being new in the hood they have to know I will knock a person out if they disrespect me or any one who comes to see me. Wait a minute I was just in a position that was no better than the people in this hood. They had more than I had and I am looking down on them. I am quite sure the people who sit on the porch all day and gamble on the street could respect me more if I show them some love and at least let them know the benefits of Christ or pray as I walk up and down the street. In Genesis 20:1-13 it tells of how Abraham told the king that Sarah was his sister so he could dwell in the land that God promised him. Once the king found out who he was he felt bad because he wanted to do God's will as well. I have to let the people I live around that I am a child of God. Extreme Makeover ( Religious Edition ).

               There has been a tremendous amount of crime each day all over the world. From the minor crimes to the major crimes they are committed mostly in the neighborhood. Not saying the retail areas do not see their share of crime but percentage of violent crimes are higher in the neighborhood. The homeless and poor are everywhere ( I was both at one time ) as well as the youth and the seniors. But as I ride the bus or go past the buildings or call to make appointments there is no answer at the door. If I was hungry I could go to the church and eat or pick up food once a week but if I needed an emergency prayer or needed some one to talk to I was out of luck. To get help with my rent I had to go the Catholic Charities to help and I am not even Catholic. We, the faith based people must open the doors to our churches, our homes and our hearts to everyone. In Acts 11:15-18 Peter explains once again that the word of God is for all not just those who attend church every Sunday. Open the doors. Extreme Makeover ( Religious Makeover )


The last part is that we must start spreading the good news ( Gospel ) outside of the four walls. The mentality of a salesman is to let people know about his product. How he stands behind it. How he has the product himself/herself so she knows the benefits of using this product. If you have a testimony about the good news it is great that the saints hear them but also it is great for those outside the chucrh to hear it. Do not be ashamed to tell your testimony to all. Like your in- laws who do not believe. Like your spouse who still does not want to see the good news of Christ. In Acts the 22nd Chapter Paul even though in vain spoke about the good news of Christ. About his testimony. Do not be afraid of the crowd. Let show them we are blessed and Champions. Extreme Makeover ( Religious Edition ).
So as we move forward let us change the way we spread the gospel. We, myself included have to be willing to let the world know about how God is all that and more. If people knew that Jesus died for their sins and there is a possibility that your soul will live in the afterlife they may be more receptive. If people knew that the Holy Spirit lives inside them then some different decisions could be made. So I urge you to do an Extreme Makeover ( Religious Edition ). I am doing my blogtalk radio show ( archived ) called Brand new Week, Brand New Attitude. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com ( first edtion real soon ). I am on twitter @brandnewfwes and on facebook as Frederick Wesley. The book I Slept with the Choir is still out. And in closing I give God all the glory. I love you all. Join me next week for my blog called PDF. Have a great weekend. RIP Lester Mobley, Otis Robinson and Levi Evans.

Comments

  1. HEY CUZ, JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I STOPPED BY TO READ UR BLOGS & I LOVE EM*****CONTINUE TO ALLOW GOD TO USE YOU TO SPREAD THE WORD***THE WAY YOU DO SO IS GREAT***U BRING IT DOWN TO A LEVEL PEOPLE WHO NOT TOO GROUNDED IN THE BIBLE CAN UNDERSTAND...KEEP IT UP, THX

    MS. TIP, LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God be the glory. I appreciate and love you as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down