Fool in the Rain ( Gratitude for Forgiveness )





Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we stay in this month of Gratitude in September based on 1st Samuel 7:9-12 I got to thinking of something that happened to me in the past. I was digging (meaning I liked ) this chick ( young lady ) and wanted to get her digits ( telephone number ) so I could take her to the disco ( the club ). Now after months of trying I finally was able to get those digits and got my hooptie ( old beat up car ) fresh and so clean ( washed ). I was going to hook up ( meet her ) at her crib ( house ) and we going to smoke some trees ( marijuana ) and drink some Ricky Red ( Richards Wild Irish Wine ). So as I got in her hood ( neighborhood ) I was going to meet her on the block ( the corner ). But as I waited for over two hours and in the rain I started to feel as though I was being played like a sucka ( fool ) and worse yet it was raining. I looked at my clip ( pager ) and it was the hoochie ( young lady ) hitting me up ( leaving me a message ). I thought I was supposed to meet her on 81st and Ellis but I actually was supposed to meet her on 82nd and Ellis. I was a fool in the rain.

We all in our lives do things that seem to be foolish. In going to Dictionary.com I look up the meaning of the word fool. It means as follows; a silly or stupid person, a person who lacks judgement or sense, a person
who has tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid, a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement. In looking over my life, from the time I was a teenager, my 20's, my 30's and up until now I have been all of the meanings of the word fool. I was a person who lacked knowledge or sense when it came to education, family, and religion. I certainly was a person who often times had been tricked and then even other times deceived in ways of the government, business and media coverage. I definitely was a professional jester kept a person who I thought had rank and even noble ideas for my future in the arts and entertainment world but I was being a fool. You see the person I am talking about is Satan.many times in my life I had done things I not only know that was wrong and against everything that I been taught but I still did what Frederick wanted to do. In the blog I will look at 3 characters in the Bible who should had been examples for me to not be a fool in the rain.


As I look in instances in the Bible I had this one to come in my spirit. It is in 1st Samuel 26th Chapter. It tells of how Saul is looking to kill David out of jealousy. He has had it in for David since David killed Goliath.

( 1st Samuel 18:6-9 ). So when David has a chance to kill him he does not. He knows we serve a living God as he says in the verse. You know there have been times where I saw that people were getting their degrees and starting their own businesses and getting help from the government and I was jealous. Where is my degree? How did they start their own business? How come they got Section 8 housing, food stamps/link card and I have to work everyday? We cannot get involved in jealousy like I was. I am now trying to get my college degree by taking online classes and teaching a 17-20 year old class at church. I am starting my own business called the Repair shop and will support any other business I can even if it is advertising on here. I was getting link card until recently and lived with a person who had Section 8 for over 10 years. She was no different from any one else. I want to be like David and let God handle things instead of flesh. Saul and Abner, the one who was protecting Saul lived that day. Even Saul admitted in verse 21 how he had played the fool. I cannot continue to be a Fool in the Rain. I pray God forgives me.



The next example of a Fool in the Rain is in 2nd Chronicles the 33rd Chapter. Now maybe we will not call him and old fool but a fool just as well. We look at young 12 year old Manasseh who took over as the new king
of Judah. He reigned for over 55 years. He threw the favor of God has for his people like throwing money in the toilet. He built up altars to Baalim, put up idols in the temple, he burned his own sons in sacrificial rites. He was evil in the sight of the Lord. Many times in order to make it in the arts and entertainment world we give up our dignity ( pick any reality show ) for that quick fame. Who does that ? Or we practice religious practices that are not God like. There has to be a better way for that. There are many churches that have Christian themed plays, art programs and even poetry. If we get into our Word we see what we have to do to change religion. Yes I have secular songs in my blog but I am trying to relate. I had the perfect song to put in this blog but because of vulgar words being said twice I chose to not go that route. Eventually Manasseh after Assyria captured him, verse 11-13, he got on his knees and prayed to God. Really. His Father had showed him how to keep the enemy away already ( 2nd Chronicles 32:7-23 ). I pray God forgives me for being a fool in the rain.

In my last example of a Fool in the Rain I look at Luke 12:13-21. We see where Jesus is talking to man who wants him to help hi divide an inheritance with his brother. Jesus ask the man who made him a divider
and a judge. There are so many times that family members fall out over things that a loved one left all of them. I am going to repeat that. There are so many times family members fall out over things a loved one has left behind. Social media has become so personal that it is possible for a predator of children to converse with your child if is not monitored. I am doing my best to leave an inheritance of wealth and knowledge of the Word to my two young men until I can leave them well off financially. I am trying to be responsible in the social media world to have parents aware to make social media family oriented so we can beat those who give the Internet bad names with their criminal behavior. In verse 20 it says we must prepare for Jesus when he calls us or comes back. This should be all I need to not be a fool in the rain. I pray God forgives me.

So I surrender myself to you Jesus. I do not want to be like the foolish bridesmaids in Matthew 25:1-13. Or I do not want to be a fool and not think the Word of the Lord is not true ( Luke 24:25-26 ). Nor do I want to be like the foolish men in Romans 1:18-23. I want to wise and trust in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I am no longer a fool in rain waiting on the wrong block. I am a Christian man who is trying to help those with a court jester attitude towards Christ, those who exercise wrong judgement when you have the Holy Spirit guiding you and those who may be tricked or deceived on the power of what God can do. Being a fool ain't cool even in the rain. To God be the glory. I want to say I am on Facebook as Fred Wesley, twitter @brandnewweek, I write for thegeekchicmag.com, and have a Internet radio show called Brand New Week, Brand New Attitude. I want to thank all my family members, the Wesley/Black and Heard/Ogletree clan for supporting. All those at 175 W. Jackson. VKMI ministries. Second Mt. Vernon M.B. Church. And any one else I did not mention. I thank God for forgiving me for being a fool in the rain. Join me for my next blog called The Silence of the Lambs. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down