Technology Speaking

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. I was just going over some things that never meant anything to me before but now they are important terms. See in 2010 I was laid off and took a online skills class through the unemployment offices in Illinois. If I completed the classes I would not only get a computer, a laptop but also a printer. Of course I passed and was one of the keynote speakers at the luncheon for the people who donate to keep the program alive. I have certification in Microsft Word and now know other phrases. Like what is a gigabyte. Before I got my computer I never knew what that was. My friend Ms. Angela Francis has a broadband stick that I she let me use before I moved into my apartment. I have been downloading digital copies of movies to my laptop so I can take them anywhere. I want to do skype or oouvoo but have no one to do them with. I am the host of my own internet radio show. I have started this blog in May and have over 800 reads and have people who read my blogs in Russia, the United Kingdom, Thailand and Vietnam who read my blogs. I give God all the glory because even though I fought hard not to I am now technology speaking.

Many times when I am technology speaking it is hard for people to hear or understand what I am saying. So today I attempt to try to break some things down so we can communicate more effectively to those who may not know Christ but use the computer to do a lot of things. The modem is defined in Dictionary.com as follows; a electronic device that makes possible the transmission of data to or from a computer via communications lines. Christ is the modem for all of us. He said so in John 10:10. Today I will technology speak about 3 modems, telephone, cable and wireless modems.


In 1962 the first telephne modem was tested and created. Used mostly by the military it was a way to get the information out to one another. Of course it evolved into a much greater thing but back then the powers that be were happy just to be able to communiate this way. Many times we blame an education system during this time but they used probably all the information that was provided to them to teach us. At times we should have demanded more of ourselves. In Judges the 7th Chapter God gave Gideon instruction on how to defeat his enemies. He did not have a lot of soldiers with him just 300, but he still defeated them. Sometimes a little information is all we need to communicate to those who can technology speak but do not believe in Christ.



In 1979 the first cable modem was invented. This was a way to get in faster. This modem was way faster than the telephone modem to get information out. It was short of being in real time but was a step moving in the right direction. During the beginning of the cable modem the media still was reluctant to share stories or report feel good news because the advertisers pretty much told you the media what to report since they paid the bills. In Matthew 12:10-14 the Pharisees did not want the good news of Jesus spreading across the land even though Jesus was like a cable modem. The information was faster because he was here on earth. This is how we can technology speak for those who do not believe in Christ.
In the 1990's we see the process gettin even faster as the invention of wireless modem take things to an even faster and a real time reporting of things. We tweet as it happen. Facebook for some is what they live by. This information has no telephone lines and no cable wires. It is just in the air. We have to remember faster information should not mean more time on our computers and less time with our children, neighbors or friends. When Jesus died he left a wireless modem for us in the Holy Spirit as explained in Acts 1:1-11. This is how we technology speak for those who do not believe in Christ.
In closing the information has came to us slowly, with the telephone modem, a little faster with the cable modem and even faster with the wireless modem. God is the creator of all things as seen in the Book of Genesis. The only to God is through his son Jesus as told in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And as told in the book of Acts and other books in the New testament the Holy Spirit is our guide while we are here on earth. I pray my technolgy speaking was enjoyed and I give God all the glory and the honor for leading me to write this blog. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I am on twitter @brandnewfwes. I am on facebook as Frederick Wesley. I am on blogtalk radio with a show called Brand New Week. Brand new attitude. I also have wrote a book called I Slept with the Choir. Join me Wednesday for my blog with the theme for the month of August. Have a great week.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Mr. Wesley well done!!! I see you are wisely using God's gifts. Praise God!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down