Same Song

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we get ready for the weekend I think back to when I was a teeenager. Before FM radio was popular my friends and I used to listen to music on the radio. Among my favorites was Smokey Robinson and the Miracles who sang Love Machine, LTD who sang Concentrate on You, and Rufus featuring Chaka Khan singing Sweet Thang. I grew with a Mother who sings incredibly and I love music. So as I grew up I have listened to rock and roll, jazz, funk, country, hip hop and straight gangsta rap. Although I had a eight track ( yes I had a eight track cartridges, ) and cassette tapes when I was younger I used to love the radio. Even as I eventually listened to FM radio there was something the radio offered that the tapes I had could not give me. One of them was the disk jockey who played the song and also gave you the name of the record and who recorded it. But the other reason I used to love the radio was because I could hear my favorite songs throughout the whole day because they played the same song. Over and over.


Although I loved the songs that I used to listen to after time went on I got tired of hearing the repetative nature of hearing the same song over and over and over. It is the same way with other things in my life. I would always pursue a woman but after time I got bored. I had a lot of jobs but if it got to be the same thing I got easily bored. Even though I have eaten a lot of fast food lately I never go to the same place as the taste of the same thing would make me not want that restaurant  after a while. When I accepted Christ as my personal saviour when I was younger when I got to be a teen and a young adult I would leave the environment of the church and went into the world because sadly to say the world had more than the same old song. In Genesis 11:1-9 ( thanks Minister Kim Baker ) God scattered the people because the all were singing the same song but nothing productive was being done. I am going to look a 3 examples of singing the same song, the past, the present and the future.






Many days in my youth I went to Second Mt. Vernon and heard my Pastor and Godfather Reverend Patton preach hard and strong. I enjoyed the sermons and I loved church. But in my teens I could expect the same thing every Sunday. Devotion. Congregational Song. The Lord's Prayer. Songs by whatever choir whose Sunday it was to sing ( Adult, Missionary, Teen, Junior ) Announcements. Visitors acknowledged. Tithes and offering. Another song before the preacher spoke. Opened the doors of the church. And if it was 1st Sunday communion. So predictability turned into boredom and boredom turned into not attending and not attending turned into doing the work of the devil. I and a lot of others are yearning to hear a different vision on the aspect on religion. The same song that worked for the seniors make not work for all of us. I am not saying the old ways did not or do not work but the world has more workers for the enemy than Christ has workers for him. In Numbers 13th Chapter God gives permission to Moses to finally go conquer the land but only two Caleb and Joshua believed that land could be conquered. We need something to keep those who attend interested and to make sure those coming to Christ do not lose interest.



As of this writing the men of this generation have been singing the same song as well. There is a record number of unwed Mothers out there. I cannot understand the mentality of a man of having a baby with someone and not wanting to be part of the growth process of that child but then go out and have another child with someone else. There are so many young men who do not listen to their Mother because they think of themselves as the man of the house because of the lack of one. Young woman I know that you think you are in love with this man but to have a child with someone who already has a child and then have animosity with the other baby mama for any reason is crazy. My generation has to put an end to this foolishness. Sex before marriage is wrong. In the book of 2nd Kings 23:1-25 King Josiah tore down all the things that were not part of God's plan. Not condemning or blaming any one for this epidemic but a new direction has to be taken to take the phrases babymama and baby daddy out of the equation and have it replace with father and mother.




This song is also the same. The rash of violence of people just shooting others has gotten out of hand again. I feel remorse for what happened it Auroro Colorado but all across this country there is a kill or be killed mentality. A fight over territory that you pay no taxes to stay in. Ak-47s available in the inner city and rural areas. You hear about how they change how you get in a theater ( the emergency door at that theater should have had an alarm and if it did someone shpould have responded ) but when we do we change the gun laws in this country. As I written before I have personally been touched by gunshot violence, my cousin Gerry, know people who have had people shot, Kiyon Jackson and Jamail Seay and see someone getting shot on the news daily. Young people this has to really stop. In Mark 12: 13-17 the Pharisees tried to trick Jesus Do not let society trick you. Please.

In Hebrews 13:8 it says Jesus Christ is the same today, yesterday and forever. So we can put our faith in him on how we change how our church services can be tweaked to keep interest up. We can make a difference in how the family structure can become a greater force in the world. And finally we can change the way we perceive violence is all over the world. I looked up the email addresses of my U.S. Senator for Illinois and got there fax numbers. Senator Durbin's fax number is 202-228-0400 ( This is actually my senator )  and Senator Kirk's is 202-228-4611. Send them a fax to let them know how you feel about the violence in this country. I urge those of you all over the world to get in touch with your elected officials and let us try to stem the outbreak of violence. May God bless all those who reads my blogs and I give God all the glory. I am a writer on thegeekchicmag.com. You can follow me on twitter @brandnewfwes. I am on facebook and I am also a writer of the book I Slept with the Choir. I am blogtalk radio doing a show called Brand new Week, Brand new attitude. Join me next Monday for my blog called Technology Speaking. Have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down