I Object

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we get closer to the end of the month I had been doing some thinking about the past. My Father used to work twelve hour days almost 7 days a week. He was not one for watching television as he either slept or did his crossword puzzle when he got home. Sure he asked how we were doing and also kept tabs on my sister Lisa and Gloria as they stayed on the West Side with their Mothers, But one memory that me and my sister Angela share of my Dad is that he loved one particular TV show. This show was Perry Mason. Perry Mason was a fictional lawyer who defended those who were being tried for murder. Perry would more times than not get his client off the hook for murder. He only lost 3 cases in looking up facts for this blog. His nemesis/foe was the Disstrict Attorney named Hamiltion Berger. When Hamilton or Perry Mason were questioning witnesses if they thought one was going over the line the yelled, " I Object ". Today in this blog I have some things I object.


Each of these two characters, Hamilton and Perry Mason would be in a battle for their client. Mr. Berger has a bigger clientele because he represented the state as the District Attorney and he had to have a high conviction rate or he could be replaced by another candidate if he had to go for re-election much like the States Attorney all across America or the people who prosecute crimes all over the world. But Perry Mason specialized in one thing, defending murderers. He had to have a track record to prove he was successful at getting people off and proving who actually did it or he would have not had a thriving pratice, much like some successful lawyers today. The unique thing about Perry Mason is that he would get his client off and prove who did it. I am going to use one objection that Perry used frequently. When Hamitlton was getting out of line with his questions Perry would object on the grounds of immoral, irrelevant and incompetent. Theses are the three points I am objecting to.




In looking at the immoral part of my objection let me go to Dictionary.com and look up the word immoral. It means as follow; violating morale principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal or social ethics. So much like today were we idolize money, drugs, premarital sex, gambling, lying, stealing, cheating on wife/husband/significant other, homosexuality, and fame I object to this immoral behavior. In Exodus 32nd Chapter the people of Israel had seen first hand how God delivered them out of slavery and still decided to make a golden calf. All over the world we have free will to do whatever we want but in order to have blessings here on earth and eternal life there must be objections to all the immorality going on.




 The next word in my objection is irrelevant. Dictionary.com defines irrelevant as follows; not relevant, not applicable or pertinent; having no prohibitive value upon any issue in the case. How many times have the opinions of our children have not meant anything to us. How many times that the stories that our senoirs have for us is boring and is not applicable to any issue in our lives. How many times has our parents said something and we think is is not pertinent or has any value in our lives as we are grown and you cannot tell us nothing. When we think these areas of irrelevant we are losing a battle that we cannot never win. In the book of Jonah we see where Jonah thought it would be irrelevant to warn his enemies to change their ways so Jonah did not. I am guilty of not only thinking my enemies are irrelevant but also the youth and seniors I know personally. I object to this continued behavior by me.



The last word of my objection is going to be incompetent and I go to Dictionary.com to look this word up and it means as follows; not competent; lacking qualifications or ability; incapable: characterized by or showing incompetence. How many times have we looked at the areas of education, arts and entertainment, media, business, government, religion and family and saw these areas as being incompetent to our needs must less our wants. We live in a era of everything being fast but then we have information overload. We learn so much so fast that we retain very little. If you walk the Christian walk but you are incompetent what happened in Acts 19:13-16 and you have accomplished nothing. It is time we read the Word, understand it and activate it for the world to see how great God is.




So as I conclude this blog and have made my objections clear and concise I have to change some of the things that are immoral like forming a neighborhood watch and asking the government for more resources to help everyone.Stopping the irrelevant by asking Business to train more people so they can become successful. Stopping the incompetence in education by going to board meetings even if you have no children attending school. Stopping the immoral stories that the media puts out daily. Stopping the irrelevant ways we deal with people who love the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit if the do not go to our church or are the same denominations. Stopping the incompetence of the arts and entertainment industry as the show us nothing but junk. Finally stopping the immoral, irrelevancy and incompetency of the family unit. The family is the backbone of the world. Love on your family. You can follow me on twitter @brandnewfwes. You can follow me on Facebook as I am Frederick Wesley. I am a writer on the geekchicmag.com I also have archived shows on blog talk radio ( took a hiatus but will be doing shows as of this article being read ). Have a great weekend. Join me Monday for my next blog tenatively called Bridgework. We still Winning in July. Joel 2:18-27.

Comments

  1. Good Job! If we as individuals deal with the incompetence in our lives and begin to know God Word for ourselves the immoral and irrelevant will become clear to us and how we can object to it daily.

    Another good example of life application of Gods word in our lives using the vision of this world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down