No More ( No Mas )

Good morning everyone. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we begin the second week in July I think about some of the things in my past. I used to have me a pet rock and it did nothing but sit there. I painted the pet rock different colors and gave it a distinguished look among my friends who at that time also had a pet rock. Before I had gotten my pet rock there other things that were important in my life such as comic books, baseball cards and even penny candy. My sisters, Gloria Jean and Angela Michelle and myself would pig out on nut chews, lemon cookies and wine candy. But as what happened with the pet rock, the comic books the baseball cards and other things of the past in my life they had been replaced by newer things. When we accept the call as being a Christian there should be a change in your life. No matter if you accepted and was baptized when you were younger or on yesterday, there should be a metamorphisis ( Uh oh big word lol ) of your life. Things should be fresh and new. Negative things should be in the past. Things of the world should be No More ( No Mas ).

 In this particular fight Roberto Duran said No Mas after being embarassed by Sugar Ray Leonard. The commentators and the audience were surprised at the way that Roberto Duran quit. Another clip of this same fight you can hear Larry Holmes, a former heavyweight Champion being surprised that he quit like he did. I can remember my friends, Michael Jones, Darrell Chaney, Melvin Chaney ( RIP fellas ) and Carey Wade being upset that we spent 29.99 ( yes back in the day prices ) to watch the fight. The fix was in. He got paid off. We want a refund. The parellel is when always have been, are now and start this Christian journey there are times when you must say No More ( No Mas ). People are going to tell you to keep on. People are not going to understand. People are going to say you are different. But if you stick to the No More ( Mas ) the change in you becomes as a light to the world. So in this blog I am going to attempt to say no more to three things in my life, love, never again and forgiveness.




Many times in our lives we show that we do not care about things that really matter. I am worried about the  communications that we receive from the area of media and arts & entertainment. We pretty much a have gone from conversation to texting. From having family dinners and talking to each other to eating with the cell phone on the table and the eyes on the television. From being in each others company to spending time on Skype. These two areas need shoring up.  I was even taking my TTC class watching the real time score of the game. Yes technology is great but we need more love in these areas. We need to show and publish stories on love in the media and encourage those who are artistic and have talent to love that talent they have. When you do things differently people do not like it. We all need to show love like Boaz did. In Ruth 3:8-18 Boaz could have taken advantage of not only Ruth but his relative as well. But in showing love to his family member and Ruth ( Ruth 4th Chapter ) he became greater than before. He did this by showing love. Let the areas of media and arts & entertainment be embrace as we show the world thru love we can shine in these areas. No More ( Mas ) hate. We replace this with love.


In the areas of education, government and business we are not going to take it No More ( Mas ). In education there are more cuts in preschool, after school, in school programs and we never say anything but shake our heads. In the area of government not only are there cuts in programs that help the poor but the well off. No one is happy about anything. Businesses are failing because of the trickle down effect of the way the economy is going. But we as a corporate body of Christ, no matter what denomination stand up to these areas a say No More ( Mas ). In Nahum 1:14-15 God is unhappy with the way the world power at that time, the Babylonians has treated the his people. He is unhappy with the powers that be no matter if they be Democrats or Republicans. No More ( Mas ) the short end of the stick. We have God on our side.
The last thing I want to talk about forgiveness. In the area of family and religion this epescially needed. We hold things against our family members for a lifetime but if a friend does the same thing we forgvie them. We hold grugdes against, Fathers, Mothers, Siblings and do not talk to each other for years. What? We have a church in many neighborhoods but because of different idealogy we cannot agree to change the world. If you believe in Jesus Christ the Son, God the Father and the Holy Spirit in any order then how come the world is light years ahead of us. Divide and Conquer is the Devil's game. In 2nd Corinthians 2:5-11 Paul ask to the church at Corinth to forgive someone who has not only him done wrong but others at the church. No More ( Mas ) hating on that uncle, that aunt, that church down the street ( really that has to stop, I mean really ). I am a Champion. I love all of you. I am not taking no more things that do not line up with the teachings of Christ. And I ask forgiveness to any one I have done wrong to rather if a family member or church member because I was not nice. But No More ( Mas ) .We are Winning in July. Check me out on thegeekchicmag.com debuting soon. I am on blogtalk radio with a show called Brand new week. Brand new attitude with this week show being Let's Get It On. I am on twitter @brandnewfwes and on facebook as Fred Wesley. My new book I Slept with the Choir is available at http://www.publishamerica.net/product47971.html. Check out my new blog Friday tenativley called the Dark Room. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down