Mary Mary Quite Contray, How Does Your Garden Grow

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we get ready to close this month out I got to thinking about something. This time of year in the city of Chicago there is not a lot of land to plant big crops like in other places. Most of the citizens of this city came from the southern states. So they appreciate growing things like flowers and even food. Now the first 3 months of the year in Chicago are generally cold so you really cannot plant anything as the seeds will not take hold. In April the ground gets a little softer as the rains comes and makes this the ideal time for planting your seeds. So most times in May you can see the flowers or the food getting ready to take shape. It is not nearly ready to be placed in a vase or even to began to be eaten. But there is a like a excitement of expectancy as you see how the garden is coming along. In fact I have heard many times people tell others about the progress of their particular garden and how it is growing. So today for those reading this blog I want to pose a question in the form of a nursery ryhme. I want to include all so I am going to tweak the title by putting the male gender in the parentheses. So my question is Mary, Mary, ( Mario, Mario ) Quite Contrary, How does Your Garden Grow?



So as  I look at this rhyme I had to get into the meat of this. Why did they ask the question of  Mary ( Mario ). The word contrary according to the dictionary.com means opposite in nature or character or mutally opposed; opposite in direction or position; unfavorable or adverse; perverse, stubbornly opposed or willful. And garden means, I am just using one meaning here; a fertile and delightful spot or region. So looking at this there seems to be a contradiction here. Because the words unfavorable and fertile do not belong in the same sentence. The words adverse and delightful do not  belong together. And certainly the phrase stubbornly opposed or willful does not belong with the phrase produced and suitable for cultivation which is my other definition of garden. So when I look at that and then see that being a Christian, a garden how can I be contrary to other races or religions. So when I look at myself being a Christian, a garden, how can I be contrary to seeing the gap between the youth and seniors grow rapidly and not do anything. So when I look at myself being a Christian, a garden, how can I be contrary to those who do not know Christ. How can I be contrary to things like religion, family, media, business, government, arts, entertainment, and education when these things as a Chrisrian are supposed to be a delightful and fertile region for Christ. How can I be contrary to these area Christ has made these areas suitable and producable when he died on the cross ( Matthew 27:39-54 ). So today I ask you Mary Mary ( Mario, Mario ) quite contrary, how does your garden grow.

In Deuteronomy 11:10-15 God gives a the go ahead for us to go ahead into the land and plant the gardens not matter if the world is contrary or not. In Matthew the 10th chapter Jesus gives us the blessings to cultivate the world with the gospel of Christ. And in Ephesians the 3rd chapter Paul speaks about how the gospel was exetended to Gentiles which means we all can enjoy the blessings of Christ while we are here on earth and look forward to eternal life. The first picture above is a teacher of a school that teaches gardening instructing students how to properly grow a garden. We need to take time with the youth of today to understand them so they can understand us. It is a two way street. The second picture is a garden that is front of a mansion. This garden represents the seniors of every nationality, race and/or creed. Their life has been whole and as beautiful as this garden. Embrace them and acknowledge them. Learn history from them and take care of them. We cannot be contrary to these two groups because they represent the future and the past. With their input we can make the present. that much better. So Mary, Mary ( Mario, Mario ) I hoped I gave you some tips on how to make you a better gardener. But if have any other questions you can consult the best book on gardening I have read, The Holy Bible. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. the future is unlimited. Tune in Thursday for Diet Time. Have a great week. You can also follow me here, on twitter @brandnewfwes, on facebook, Frederick Wesley, blogtalk radio ( show is called Brand new week. Brand new attitude ) weekly and I also write for thegeekchicmag.com. Bless you all. You are champion gardeners.

Comments

  1. Hollywood Star :-)June 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM

    You are a thinker - a man of intellect I see! You make me think. Keep sowing good seeds, so your garden can flourish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down