Put Your Weapons Down

Good afternoon and Happy Friday. I was siting with my friend's grandmother the other day and she started watching some television programs that I had seen before in my lifetime. The shows were Gunsmoke and Bonanza. In each of these shows, by them being westerns, the show contained many violent content. It made me remember that although I was not a big westerns fan I loved shows coming up like Cannon, Columbo, my favorite, and Murder She wrote. Now the more popular shows are Criminal Minds and CSI. Each of these shows have a violent content that keeps viewers in the past, present or future watching them to see how the bad guy gets caught. Many times the bad guy has a weapon to make his criminal act more credible in the eyes of the person viewing the show and the nature of the crimes they were committing. But more time than not the so called bad guy was either caught or cornered and had only one option before the scene escalated to a whole other level. That action was for the person to put his weapon down.
The order to place the weapon down was a way for the person who enforced the law, the Sheriff, the detective or the FBI agent to know that person who was once dangerous was now not so dangerous. The definitions of the word weapon are as follows; any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat, fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon; anything used against an opponent, adversary, or victim; and any part or organ serving for attack or defense, as claws, horns, teeth, or stings. So as you see there are many things considered weapons. Most of the time my favorite weapons were talking about or down to people, having a do not care attitude, disrespect for my parents, siblings, family members and women in general, I cannot do this, I need help to complete this, and I am a failure. These weapons were more lethal than the ones you see pictured because they were not only concealed but could come out at anytime and no human law man could stop me because there was no law against this type of thinking. So I passed my weapons on to those I thought could use them, like the youth, like my coworkers and to even other members of the church. But then one day something happened. I needed someone who would not allow me to carry my weapons or to pass them along to others. God told me to put my weapons down. I had no choice but to surrender.
In Zechariah 4:6 God told Zechariah that not by power or might but by the spirit of God will things change. So I surrender to him and put away things of old and not pleasing to him. I put away the doubt that flourished in my life and made goals of the things I wanted to accomplish. I surrendered to him the abuse of alcohol and drugs and replaced them with daily reading of the Bible. I surrendered my thinking that the world was against me and I was against it to encourage each person I know, come in contact with or will meet in the future. I surrendered the thought of how can a poor person like me make a difference to know writing a blog twice a week, doing a radio show that will feature people who are Stars and Legendary even if they do not consider themselves one. I surreneded to thinking that I could just make a difference inside the walls of the church and became a person who motivates through words and scriptures on twitter, facebook and email. If I  can surrender, so can you. Surrender the thought that the youth do not listen especially if you do not even talk to them. Surrender the thought the seniors have nothing to offer when they are why we are here and a living history lesson. Surrender the thoughts of you being limited when God has place you here for a purpose. You are a Champion. PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN!!!!!!  Surrender and let God. Have a great weekend. Once again you can follow me on twitter @brandfwes, on facebook Frederick Wesley, on Blog Talk Radio and thegeekchicmag. See you on Monday.

Comments

  1. Bless u Fred. I am encouraged by you and the determination that you have. God is truly using you. It is an annointed word that comes from you. Go forth, we are watching and learning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollywood Star :-)June 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

    You are a gifted writer. I love the way you tie ordinary occurrences into profound thoughts. It's obvious your inspiration comes from God. Keep those thoughts flowing; I'm reading and I am encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down