How Do You View You

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. On this the 142nd day of the year 2012 we press forward and onward. Over the last 2 years I have embraced social media as bear would embrace honey. I took the lesson learned in life and brought them out in a funny way at times and at times serious. I was able to connect with others, from grammar school, Second Mt. Vernon which is my old church, neighborhood people like John Ellebb and Carey Wade, the 22 crew, my guy from the 79 Sweet C. Harris and of course the Wesley/Black and Birdsong/Heard members of my family. At times I have inboxed this question to certain people or at times this has been a primary focus on my facebook postings because it places the ball in your court. And the best thing about it you can only answer it yourself as you are the only person who knows the answer even if you are married, with a significant other, single, are a twin or a triplet or even have multiple personalities. My question today on this Monday morning is, How do You View you?
As a teen I looked at myself different as others. Brilliant student but felt I was chubby. I did not wear my clothes well and my afro was never picked out right and my hair was nappy. My Mother could not hardly comb my hair so she would either put perm in my hair so it would look decent. I also was one of the first people at my grammar school to wear braces. Although I was extremely popular and had friends and even a girlfriend  I often viewed myself as not good looking. I was teased about the braces constantly but that did not bother me as much as trying to fit in with people who I felt were inferior to me. When my parents registered me for grammar school by my birthday being after the cutoff date I had to wait to go to school with mostly everybody that was younger than me. Mike Jones and Darrell Chaney were my home boys but they graduated a year before I did and we were all the same age. I felt out of place and chose to go a different direction with my life because of the dim view I had of myself. I wanted no part of education, I distanced myself from family. I hated even going to church or anything dealing with religion. I rebelled against the government. I was a paperboy but felt I wanted no part of that business or dealing with any thing media related. My Mother was a great singer and my sister did ballet and tap I showed no interest in their endeavors. My view was jacked up. But thanks be to God for the prayers of my family and those who know/knew me. I have finally came out and intend on making a difference in so many areas. So once again I place the ball in you court and get ready to write your answers down. How do you view you?
Look Me in The Eyes- Michael Jordan - YouTube  Now if I was to answer that question I people who are Champions in all walks of life. I see leaders in the educational field. Difference makers in govenrment. More Business owners making a impact in the slighted communities. Arts & Entertainment venues opening in the hoods so the talemted are on equal ground. I see the media changing the way news is reported. I see the concept of family coming back. I see religion accepting new and fresh ideas like Christian rap artist and even discussion on things that were not discusses long ago. I see teachers, lawyers, unemployed, underemployed, students, garbagemen, doctors, athletes, Blacks, Whites, Asian, Hispanic an all other creedd being legendary in there time. I see each person as a star not matter what you have done, are doing and will do. I see the best people that God has placed on this earth. In Mark 1:17 Jesus said follow me and i will make you fishers of men. That is how I view each and every one of you all. Have a great week. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. Hopefully you view yourself differently.

Comments

  1. I see myself as a child of God; as a work in progress, I never really understood that phrase before. I thought that it was something that the hypocrites would say as an excuse to continue in their ways of sin. Now I know that this is a statement of growth for the true christian. For a christian is to grow in grace, ( grace, being that sacrifice that God sent His son, [ Jesus], so that we may live. JESUS became sin for us on the cross, as we were yet still sinners).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I can answer that question here, mainly because it requires a lot of thought. I am so many things, to so many people, depending on which environment or role I occupy at any given time. Yes, I do believe we change accordingly. My compassion and patience are not the same for home and office, son or employee.

    I do know that I am always surprise to find that others view me in a bigger and brighter light than I view myself. I consider that fact to be evidence that I lack confidence at some level and requires additional work on my part. I intended to accomplish some major tasks/projects over the coming week/weeks and I will keep this question before me. I suspect it will encourage me to completion and hopefully excellence as I work on them.

    I am encouraged by the vision you have. I too desire better for our community and people and your vision of seeing those things, speaking those things, inspires action. I appreciate you Fred and your devotion to the purpose to promote positivity (LOVE).

    Stay the course. The race is not given to the swift but to him that endures to the end. hip hip parade masestro! I salute you! God Bles U!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I view me. I try in all things and I succeed in some this is what I recently prayed, "Lord if you are going to keep me then hold me, if you are going to teach me then let me learn, if you are go to heal me then let know one kill me", this is how I sometimes view me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollywood Star :-)June 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM

    I view me as a wonderfully created, uniquely crafted, beautifully made masterpiece. I am the work of the Master himself, who carefully thought out every detail of me, both inside and out, down to the number of hairs on my head, and the number of cells in my body. He put me together like a puzzle, each piece fitting together perfectly, until I was His picture of perfection. I am perfect as seen through the eyes of My Creator, and therefore I must be perfect as seen through my eyes. Who am I to find fault with God's work? Now I must say that at times I do see some blemishes, as I get scarred by life, or the mirror in which I see myself becomes distorted by the negativity and opinions of others. Then I remind myself that I am the apple of my Father's eye, and that's all that matters. I view me as He does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down