Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such a Time Such As This)

Good afternoon and Thankful Thursday. As we continue in the month of For Such a Time Such As This based on Esther 2:7-9, 3:2-3,5 and 4:10-11, 13,14, when I was a child I was baptized at Second Mt. Vernon Baptist Church by my godfather, Pastor R. H. Patton. My Dad was a deacon at the church and my Mom was one of the lead singers in the choir. I could tell you the books of the Bible by memory and I enjoyed going to church. When I got back around the people in my neighborhood they guys I knew, Carey W, Melvin, C, Darrell C, and Mike Jones,  knew I went to church. But they never knew I was a Christian, meaning that part of me was hidden. It seems like this has become part of the norm for the people of God, to not to want to put your Christianity out there. One could call it Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time Such As This).
As for those who may not know what the meaning of Layin In Da Cut means I will go to the urban dictionary to find it.Layin In Da Cut means; chilling, laying low and staying cool. See no one at my
elementary school, not Rita G, or Lisa K. or Lawrence L., or Toni M, or Sharon L. or Kim  A., none of them knew I was a Christian and my actions were beginning to show another side of me, that God would not like. Coming from the last base scripture of this month, Esther 4:10-11, 13-14, is the teaching of Laying In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time As This).
As we come to the Word of God for this teaching of Laying In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time As This) we begin in Esther 4;10-11. In these verses Esther has been told that her people, the people of
God are going to be killed of by an order from the king (Chapter 3:8-14). After being told this Esther attempts to distance herself from the situation because she is a better place, in the castle. Esther tried to Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time Such As This).
As we continue this teaching of Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time Such As This) I go back to the Word of God and to Esther 4:13. In this verse her uncle Mordecai had to remind her that she is
still Hadassah, a member of the people of God who were to be killed. Mordecai told her that she would eventually be killed along with all the others if she continued to try to be Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such A Time Such As This).
As I come to the end of the Biblical portion of this teaching of Layin In Da Cut (Not For Such a Time As This) I go to Esther 4:13. In this verse Mordecai begins to tell Esther that God will provide for
his people no matter what she does. But maybe she was put in this position, as queen, by God, to be able to prevent, the killing of his people. Layin In Da Cut (Not For Times Such As This).
In closing, For Such a Time As This, I along with countless others need to begin to stand up and begin to tackle this problem of crime in the inner city, in our country as well as worldwide. The time is NOT for Layin In Da Cut and chilling in our hoods while the gang element is taking control. The time is NOT for Americans to be laying low and being divided as the enemy is in every element from entertainment to business to government to to religious organizations to schools to social media and in families. The time is NOT for the world stay cool and  to give in to these people of hate but to place God first and let him be our guide on dealing with these things. Layin In Da Cut has to be off of our agenda. Especially For A Time Such As This. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching and ask that God gives us all the guidance we need to overcome the violent acts of this world. Please check out Rhema Word 2.0 for a Preview of the Sunday School teaching. And please join me Monday for a teaching called God Can Give Much More Than This. Have a great weekend all.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down