Renewed Mind

Good afternoon and Happy Saturday. As we continue in this month of Renew in February based on Psalms 51:10-13, Isaiah 40:28-31 and Ephesians 4:20-24 when I first gave my life to Christ it was one of the greatest moments of my life. I felt good when I was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I was an avid Bible reader and knew many scriptures by heart. I loved the stories of conquerors like Samson, David and Paul. I could go to church from 11 am all the to 7 pm if we had programs. There was nothing but happiness in my life as even in my times away from church Jesus was ever present in my life. I wanted to become a preacher and deliver the Word of God to his sheep and be an leader. I could not fathom nothing different and I sought God to see if I could be called one day. But all that went away as soon I hit puberty. I was lustful and soon forgot about God. I did not know it at the time but I would need a Renewed Mind.
See in my puberty years there were so many things that came along with this changed mind that I had. Reading the Word of God was replaced by hour long phone calls. My love of Jesus went from
being the best thing in my life to an afterthought. I had to be cool and tend to the needs and wants of my girlfriend I was beginning to lose my mind. I needed a Renewed Mind. This teaching is coming from the last base scripture of the month, Ephesians 4:20-24.
In beginning this teaching of Renewed Mind I go to Ephesians 4:20-21.  In this passage of scriptures it tells of how I knew about Jesus and knew the truth was in him as he would speak to me. But the
kissing and the grinding that was going on between me and my girlfriend was more important that what Jesus was telling me. And my grades we getting worse. I needed a Renewed Mind.
As I continue this teaching of Renewed Mind I go to Ephesians 4:22-23. In these verses it tells of how we once we found Jesus the lusts should be gone as we are renewed in the spirit of the mind. See
even though I had accepted Jesus as a child there was still an attraction to girls that magnified once I hit puberty. Mu relationship with my parents was getting worse. I needed a Renewed Mind.
As I come to the end of the Biblical portion of this teaching of Renewed Mind I go to Ephesians 4:24. This verse speaks of having that new man when you accept Christ. I had been doing so great but my
body was betraying the new me I had become in Christ. The holy me. The righteous me. I longed for the attention of my girlfriend no matter what it was costing me. I needed a Renewed Mind.
In closing the story I told is a true one and is happening all over the world. The puberty I speak about is one of age but it could easily be a puberty when it comes to accepting Christ as your Savior. The enemy is going to come much harder as he knows that you know Christ and will do anything to create the lusts of your life attempt to overcome you and drag you back in the life of sin. God will give you a renewed spirit of the mind if you trust him. Although it took me many a year, I know have a Renewed Mind. May God bless all those who read this teaching and I give him all the glory and honor. Please go to Rhema Word 2.0 to be blessed with a teaching called Hostage Situation. And join me Monday for the last teaching in the month of Renewed in February called Renewed In Knowledge. Have a blessed day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down