Sense of Urgency ( Help others become Drama Free)

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we continue in the month of Drama Free in January based on 1st Kings 3:23-28 and Mark 12:13-17 I was watching a basketball game on television. One of the teams was putting a beat down on the other team and the commentator was wondering when was the losing team going to be able mount a challenge. One of the things that he said was, "that if they didn't do it soon that time was going to run out". It kind of reminded me of my life. Although I am able to teach the Word of God through this blog and am part of a recruiting effort to have people where I work at become mentors to inner city youth there seems like there could more done at this point. Crime and drugs are all around me and each day I see women who are in need of money selling themselves for as low as $10.00. I as a man of God have to do more and time is not promised to me. I need to develop a Sense of Urgency.
As we continue this teaching I want to define the two key words in the title and that is sense and urgency. I will going to one of my sources of definitions and that is dictionary.com. The word sense
a special capacity for perception, estimation or appreciation. The word urgency means imperative, insistence and important. As a man of God I need to have a Sense of Urgency.
As I go to the Word of God for this teaching of Sense of Urgency I begin in Jeremiah 21:1-10. In this passage the rulers of the land go to Jeremiah in a Sense of Urgency as their enemies are approaching.
But God has already turned his back on them and their fate is sealed unless the have a perception for the imperative and move to a unfamiliar place so they will live. I as a teacher of the Word of God may have to move to places that I do not know to live how God wants me to. Sense of Urgency.
As we continue this teaching of a Sense of Urgency I go to the Word of God and John 8:1-12. In these verses the people have condemned the woman caught in a adulterous situation. But Jesus tells
that no one is free of sin and he is the light of the world. I need to have a estimation of insistence to become more active to help those who do things that I might not approve of especially when I am not perfect. A Sense of Urgency.
As I finish the Biblical part for the teaching of A Sense of Urgency I go to Jude 1:20-23. In these verses Jude, who is the brother of Jesus tells us to continue to pray that the Holy Spirit leads us to be
helpful by saving others and pulling them out of the fire. I as am man of God must gain an appreciation of the importance not being fearful of those drug dealers and the crime all around me and attempt to let them know about salvation. A Sense of Urgency.
In closing there has to be a Sense of Urgency among each and every person who considers part of the kingdom of God. There cannot be a division among denominations, There cannot be a looking down on others who may not have found Jesus as the way yet. There cannot be a denial of what the Holy Spirit leads us to do. There has to be a perception of the imperative, an estimation of insistence and an appreciation of the importance of leading others to the wonders of God, introducing them to Christ so that they can have the Holy Spirit lead them. We as a people of God need to develop a Sense of Urgency. Time is running out to help others become Drama Free. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching and ask him to bless all those who read this and even those who do not. Please join me on Saturday for a teaching called Drama King. Have a great week all.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down