Rebirth

Good morning and Thankful Thursday. Each month I come out of the subject for the month and teach on something that God has given me. As I begin this I want to say that at a very young age I confessed that Jesus had died for my sins and was eventually baptized. My times as a youth being reborn was wonderful. I had a great relationship with my family and a whole lot of friends. I was into the Word of God but never truly understood the whole Bible. I was a whiz in school and got high grades without even applying myself. I would be rewarded by my parents or grandparents and there was no youth in my peer group who was smarter than I was. I could become anything I wanted to and had big aspirations. In fourth grade my poetry won me a couple of awards and I could even sing back then. I was basking in the light of all that God gave me until I started being persuaded by the enemy to do things that were not of God. I was beginning a plunge into a dark place and did not know that one day I would be in a  Rebirth.
After my promising start in then late 70's to mid 80's I was lost. I had my first real relationship that was physical and was in love at the age of 15 planning to marry and have a child right away. Introduction to things
such as marijuana, cigarettes, alcohol and being dishonest was some of the things I was becoming involved with. I even made sure I sabotaged my grades so I could be considered cool and not square. As bad as things were I was getting into my Rebirth.
In looking in the Word of God and seeing a Rebirth I go to Acts 11:4-18. In this passage Peter explains on how the Italian delegation that Cornelius was  part  of  had a Rebirth once they had accepted that Jesus was
there Savior. In the late 80's and early 90's I became involved in cocaine, tac, happystick and after the love failed into more physical relationships. In Matthew 28:1-7 Jesus rose from the grave so that I can still have a Rebirth.
In continuing in Rebirth I go Acts 9:1-19. In the passage it speaks of how Saul who knew the law and the Bible was against any and everything that dealt with Jesus. In the late 90's and early 2000's I had a failed

marriage , two children, estranged from my family and living with some one I had met only a month earlier. In Mark 16:12-13 you had two strangers who saw Jesus had risen but no one believed. No one who knew me would believe I would have a Rebirth.
In looking in the Word of God for the last example of Rebirth I go to Acts 8:26-40. I tells how Philip saw a man of great authority and moved to save his soul. In the mid 2000's my life was in shambles and I was on a
a destructive path still addicted to drugs. In Luke 24:18-27 it shows how others and Cleopas had given up hope that things would change but they had just witnessed a Rebirth. I was now on the cusp of my Rebirth and it felt so good.
In closing I finally had my Rebirth in 2007. I am still far from perfect but am a prime example of what was once dead can have a Rebirth. Those of you that have arts and entertainment aspirations, see that business, want to do something in education, can envision doing big things in government, that has looked at social media to tell the world about Christ, being active in doing things to help save the family structure and tearing religious strongholds down can all have a Rebirth. The things I just shared was condensed for the purposes of this blog. I still have detractors like in John 20:24-29 but I have had a Rebirth. I give God all the glory and would hope that you share your testimony to those who do not believe that with God anything is possible. May God bless all that read this blog. Have a great Resurrection weekend. Please join me Monday for a blog titled Don't Be Cruel.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down