You Don't Scare Me

Good morning and Thankful Thursday. As we continue on the 114th day of the year in the month of Don't In April based on Judges 16:15-19, Jeremiah 26:12-15 and John 12:9-11 I currently live in a neighborhood that is considered one of roughest in Chicago. As of this time on either side of me there are vacant houses. At these vacant houses there is a lot of activity going on. In the morning when I leave at one house there is a group that sits on the porch of the vacant house on the left as if the house was where they lived. And the times I am not working my second job, when I come home there is activity that includes a large group of young men and women that involves both of these houses. There is so much activity that at times there are people standing and sitting on porch. They are drinking and smoking and are loud and look to be intimidating as a person would walk down the street. But in order for me to get home I must go past this group. You Don't Scare Me.
See even before getting to my block I have to leave my job and ride public transportation and get on a bus to get out at a street called Michigan Avenue. In downtown Chicago Michigan Avenue is in area called the
Gold Coast. When I get off the bus the area Michigan Avenue I live at is called the Whore Coast. This is filled with people looking for a cheap thrill and lawlessness. But I have to get home. You Don't Scare Me. 
In getting into the Word of God I go the second base scripture and that is Jeremiah 26:12-15. In verses 12-13 in order for Jeremiah to give the message that God had given him Jeremiah had to go where God had sent
him. And the message in these two verses was one that people did not want to hear. Even before I get to the Whore Coast I am on a bus where there is all kinds of things going on. But like Jeremiah I know Psalms 23 and I will get home. You Don't Scare Me.
In going to the Word of God I go to Jeremiah 26:14 and see where Jeremiah, who is known as the crying prophet, has finished giving the words that God has given him and tells them to do what they wish with him.
Before I even get on the bus I at times have to stand in the train station and see drugs and loose squares and another large group of young men and women. But like in Daniel 3:8-25 we know that God will deliver us. I am going home. You Don't Scare Me.
In going to the Word of God to Jeremiah 26:15 and see where Jeremiah knows that God even in death God will avenge all that even tries to happen to him. Even before I get on the train station I have to be on the train
where there are people selling dvds, loose squares and stealing cell phones. In Acts 4::18-22 Peter and John prayed for boldness after being told by the Sanhedrin Council to not mention the name of Jesus. I have to get home. You Don't Scare Me.
In closing we as a people of faith have cannot be scared of anything. The ultimate goal is to get home which is heaven. Most times when the things that I mentioned get in our way we have a tendency to become scared and go the route that seems safer. But you have go through some things to come out of some things. So no matter what the situations may be I continue to be bold like Jeremiah. You Don't Scare Me. I give God all the honor and glory for this teaching and ask him to take away any fear that we may have. Please join me Friday for my next blog called Don't Look Back based on the last base scripture of  the month John 12:9-11. Have a great weekend.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down