What's a Mother to Do.

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we end the the first full week in the month of Now in May based on Genesis 45:5, Exodus 4:12 and Mark 10:30 I want tall to know that the woman in that picture with me in this blog is my Mother. I have written before in another blog about how we were not this close growing up as I wanted to be grown before my time and no one could tell me what to do. I was not only fracturing the family but I was also hurting myself in the long run ( Ecclesiastes 12:1-2 ) and had to live a hard life of sowing the bad things that I reaped. This may have been your story or may be a story you may be going through with your child/children now. In spite of What' s A Mother to Do.
My mother Sister Joann Wesley could have just turned her back on me and lived her life but she chose not to. She had learned form her Mother Ms. Lilla Mae Birdsong on how to be a great parent in spite of. We all

went through some things as Mom struggled with cigarettes but eventually just stopped one day ( As I did when I stopped drinking and smoking cigarettes and weed ). So in the next three paragraphs I am going to the Word of God to look at three Mother's from a different angle and ask What's A Mother to Do ?

In this first paragraph I want to go Genesis 4:8. If you are familiar with this verse we see where Cain has killed Abel. We know that Eve was the Mother of Cain and Abel. So you can imagine what see what was
she was going through. In the inner city where I live you have Mothers like Hadiya Pendleton who struggle with the death of a child but then you also have Mothers who still have to love the ones who may have done the crime. What's A Mother to Do ?

In this paragraph hear I want to go in the Word of God to 1st Samuel 1:2. In this verse we Elkanah had two wives, Peninnah who had children and Hannah who did not. I can imagine that as much as Hannah maybe
she had to help raise the children. As Peninnah was even teasing her about not having children ( verse 6 ) she still helped raised the children. As pictured above this foster Mother is going to raise this child as if it is her own. What's a Mother to Do ?

In this last paragraph I look in the Word of God and go to John 9:13-21 where we see the blind man has received his site and his parents are questioned by the Pharisees. They are scared to say that Christ healed
them. So they needed a intercessor to come in and not be afraid to speak out for the healing power of Jesus. If my Aunt Evangelist Josephine Wesley pictured above was there when the man was healed she would have said Jesus because she knows his awesome power. What's a Mother to Do?
In closing I want to celebrate all Mom's across the world. Most times your assignment begins in the birthing room. Sometimes it begins in the adoption or foster parent agency. Even other times it begins when others are not cannot pray, speak out or are afraid to let others know the power of Jesus. A Mother will do whatever see has to do. That is What A  Mother Will Do!!! May God bless all those who read this blog and I give God all the glory and honor. Have a great weekend. To those who have lost their Mothers my heart goes out to you. For all others I wish you,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down