More Amour

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we continue on the 77th day of the year 2013 and are still in the month of More in March based on Exodus 1:9-12 and 2nd Peter 1:19-21 5 I want to share something with all who read my blogs. When I was younger I wanted to learn another language to be able to communicate in ways that ways that other people ( mostly woman ) would be impressed. In high school I wanted to learn Spanish but that did not work as well. As I got older I wanted to learn the language of my ancestors and learn to speak one of the tongues of Africa but soon that thought went away as well. The one language that has always intrigued me was the French. The words I would hear that people would use in French was impressive to me. The ways the words would roll of of the tongues that people in the television or movies sounded very impressive to me. I also never learned French but I did learn one and would use it whenever I could. The word is amour. In these troubling times we need More Amour.

Even though I thought I knew what the word amour meant I wanted to be sure so that I had the meaning right so I went to my source of definitions which is Dictionary.com. The word amour simply means this; a
love affair. So in the life of the people of faith we can change the world by just having a love affair with the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit. When we love on them the love that they return helps us not only through the day but can change the way people see you. I know someone who has a outstanding aura and I was not surprised when she told that she has a love of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In the next three paragraphs I will use examples from the Word of God that shows More Amour.


In looking at the Word of God and seeing More Amour I start in the book of Judges the 11th chapter. It is the story of Jephthah. After being driven away from his home because his Mother was a harlot and his family
wanted him to have no inheritance he came back to lead Israel into victory over Ammonites. But Jephthah promised God something if God gave him victory. A burnt offering to the first person who came out of his house which was his daughter, his only child. Most times we promise God things if he gives us victory but then want to go back on our word. God wants the love affair to be total not half way. We need to give God More Amour.


In looking at the Word of God to look for More Amour I go to John 19:38-39 and look at Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus. We have all read about about the many people that Jesus helped and healed in
his days here on earth. But there were only two people who came to make sure that Jesus was able to get to the place where he needed to show the world he was the Messiah. These two men showed a love affair of Jesus even though he was not in the flesh with them. Jesus wants us to change the world. He wants More Amour.


In looking at the last example for More Amour I go to Romans 8:4-11 Paul writes about how the Holy
Spirit is inside all of us who believe in God and that Jesus died for our sins. The way Paul describes the
Holy Spirit is a blueprint when we allow the him to take over. He is our guide through this tough world that we live in. There is nothing we cannot do when we have the Holy Spirit in our lives. Holy Spirit also wants More Amour.
In closing 1st John 5:7 it tells God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. When we give them More Amour anything is possible. We can change arts and entertainment, business, social media, education, families, government and religion by providing More Amour to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. May God bless all that read this blog and I give God all the glory. Please join me for my next blog called More of the Same. Have a great week all.

Comments

  1. Great read Mr Wesley, I really enjoyed this article. Keep up the good word and may God continue to bless you always. Be good.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down