Why Are You Sitting in the Dark

Good afternoon and Marvelous Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we come into the final week of the month of Visually Impaired in August based on Job 29:11-16, Mark 8:22-25 and also Revelation 3:14-19 I want to go back to a time in my life when my heart was broken. See back in the day I was in love with one of the most beautiful young ladies in the world ( at least to me ). And when my behavior got me shipped away to school far away from my house my relationship with this young lady went from being all that to nothing at all. I can still remember getting a letter from her telling me that since I was so far away that she had found some one else to occupy her time. I was devastated and could not imagine life without her. I did not come out of my room and just sat there for hours until my roommate came home and asked me, Why Did Are You Sitting in the Dark.
As I have grown much older things affect me sometimes that makes me want to just be alone and not be bothered. On the nightly news there are people getting shot everyday. Teens are still having children at a age
where it makes life difficult for them. And there are things such as the division of churches that makes me want to be by alone. But God wants action from me and asks Why Am I sitting in the Dark?
In  the first example of Why Are You Sitting in the Dark in the Word of God I go to 1st Samuel 3:1-2. In this passage it tells of how there was little revelation at this time and how the man of God, Eli was in a place
where darkness was to begin to set upon him as he went to sleep. Many people of faith including myself are closing to the violence in our cities, country, world and wonder why is nothing happening. God is looking for us and asking Why Are We Sitting in the Dark?
In the second example in the Word of God I go to 1st Kings 19:8-9. After Elijah showed the people the strength of God ( 1st Kings the 18th chapter) he ran away to save himself from the wrath of Jezebel. There
no reason for him to not trust God to make things better. More and more young people are trusting that a baby will make their life better and we as a people of God are not educating them. Why Are You Sitting in the Dark?
In the last example in the Word of God of Why Are You Sitting in the Dark I go to Matthew 6:22-23. In these verses Jesus tells us all that our sight is our guide and that a bad eye will see nothing but darkness. In
the body of Christ today there are too many eyes that are doing things in the darkness like tearing another congregation down with lied and innuendo instead of spreading the gospel. Why Are You Sitting in the Dark?
In closing there is plenty of work to be done in the world today. The way to prevent violence at times is to talk to the youth and give them your story about how you made it out of the world. I can see them sitting in the dark just before they kill someone and after they have been arrested. Young ladies can look at the example of that lady that may not be in her household but took time to tell them that God truly loves them and to have self worth in themselves. And I have said it over and over again when there is no unity in the body of Christ there is division and I have not read nowhere in the Word of God Jesus taught to be enemies with one another. Why Are We Sitting in the Dark? I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching and ask him to bless though who may read this and those who may not as well. Please join me Thursday for my teaching called Lukewarm Eyesight that will be coming from Revelation 3:14-19, the last base scripture. Have a great week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down