I Gotta Try Harder ( It's Possible )

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As I begin the 104th day of the year in the month of Possible in April one of the reason I like this month is because of the possibilities it holds. In the Chicago area this month is the time of spring. There is not only plenty of rain to clean away the winter season but days are longer and when the sun is shining you can actually go outside and not feel a chill. You can now begin to hear the birds chirping and begin to see the flowers budding. There is such a freshness in the air and no matter where you live everyone embraces spring. But staying in the inner city there is another what I like to call an element that comes out when it is spring. The element I am talking about is those people who use and sell drugs, the people who sit in front of stores begging for money, and the women and men who sell their bodies to make a living. Oh Lord I want to be objective and no that can be me but it is so hard. The Lord wants me to try a little harder.
In most of my blogs I attempt to define a word but this time I am going to define the two words and that is try and harder. The word try means as follows; to attempt to do; to test the effect; to endeavor. The word
harder means as follows; performing work with great effort, energy and persistence. I look at myself and know that I a positive person so I know when I see things that may not fit who I am I can attempt to do but with great effort. I know when I not feeling the element that is around me I must test the effect with energy. And when my spirit is down and I just want to give up I must endeavor with persistence. In the following paragraphs I will use passages from the Word of God to show it wants me to Try Harder ( I Gotta ).

In looking at the Word of God to how he wants me to try harder I go Numbers 13:1-30. In this passage God sends men to the land where he has promised they would settle. The land is full of things like dealing
and giant men. You had 10 of the men who doubted the power of God despite that he had freed them from the enemy by not only putting plagues on the enemy but by also parting the Red Sea. They still could not get it. But in verse 31 Caleb said let us try harder and get what is ours. Many times I see obstacles and get afraid but if I attempt with great effort God will make it happen. I Gotta Try Harder.  

In looking at the second example in the Word of God I go to 2nd Chronicles 20:1-19. In this passage King Jehoshaphat has the Moabites and Ammonites and the drug dealers who want to attack his hood. Instead of
him worrying he goes in prayer. While asking God to help the Holy Spirit comes upon two men, Jahaziel and Benaiah and they tell the people to be still because the battle is not yours its the God's ( versed 15-16 ). I   have the presence of the Holy Spirit inside of us. I have to test the effect of the Holy Spirit with energy to make changes in our hoods. I Gotta Try Harder.

My last example of I Gotta Try Harder comes from Mark 5:25-35. In this passage we see where this woman had health issues and had spent all of the her cash and she got no better. I see prostitutes who
walk the blocks all day and night and nothing gets better. The woman with the issue of blood had come to the rationale that she had to do more and just touched the hem of his robe. I have Jesus inside of me so if I can endeavor with persistence maybe I can help one of  these young women or men. I Gotta Try Harder.

In closing I made this personal for myself because I know I gotta try harder. I have to make a great attempt to change the area of business. I have to test the effect with energy as I make inroads in arts and entertainment. I have to endeavor with persistence in social media. I have to a great attempt to get closer to my family. I have to test the effect with great energy as I change things in government. I have endeavor with persistence as I want allow a different view of religion and education. I Gotta Try Harder so God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus can be seen in there areas. It's Possible. May God bless all those who read this and may God have all the glory. Please join me my next blog called One Drop ( I keep wanting to get this done but Holy Spirit leads me elsewhere ). Have a great week. Please pray for my family as my cousin Pete Black has been called home to be with the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down