That"s The Way Of The World

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude the past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we continue in the month of Possible in April I still see things of the world that just does not seem right. Each day that I ride public transportation or even walk to certain places I see where there are a number of men and women that use the bus stops for entertainment and business opportunities. It does not matter if I am on the south side of the city where I have saw men and women congregate with drinks, cds/dvds for sale and of course the loose squares business. It does not matter if I am on the near north side where the property values are higher I still see remnants of the people who once lived there and now since their housing projects are torn down the only place that they can actually entertain each other is at the bus stop. When people are hanging out at the bus stop there are other's who look at them and then the emulate what they see and that is what the youth are doing. The are hanging out of the bus stop. And although I question this, this seems to be The Way of The World.
In my life I have been part of the way of the world. I may not have hung out on bus stops but I hung out in front of the liquor stores. I may not have sold loos squares but I have dabbled in selling a little weed. I may
not have sold my body for sexual purposes but I sold out for the devil. The way of the world is the easiest path to take. No church, no fellowship and as a matter of fact I do not have to give 10% of my income to the world. I can fit in and no be different. But the way of the world does not provide the safety and the surety of being a believer of God. In the next three paragraph I am going to use example in the Bible of That's The Way of the World.

In looking at an example of That's the Way of the World I go to Acts 4:5-33  we see where Peter and John have been doing the work of Christ but those who are used to That's the Way of the World wanted to stop
them from healing and spreading the gospel of Christ. But they stood boldly before them and when told that they had to stop spreading the gospel they did not. Many of us have to be bold in our lives and take a approach that if I cannot pray in my job or at school out loud I will do it quietly. Peter and John did a great thing that day. We can as well.

In the next example of That's the Way of the World I go to 2nd Timothy 3:1-14. In this passage Paul writes to Timothy to pass on a message to the churches he will visit. Timothy is the future of the church during this
time and Paul is passing much of the responsibility upon him. So he gives him a message on how people will be acting towards him. How pride and lust of men will try to overcome the word of God. In verse 14 Paul tells to continue in the things you have learned. As we look around us there are things that seemed to be contrary to what we have learned but I urge you to never waver to That's the Way of the World.

In my last example of That's the Way of the World I go the 3rd chapter of the book of James. We know that James was Jesus own brother and he did not believe at first his own blood was the Messiah. So when
James writes about how the tongue is powerful and can bring down people he knows first hand. H writes about how we can be praising God one minute and cursing out everyone else the next. This happens when we are not strong in faith. There can be change within ourselves when we turn from That's the Way of the World.
So in closing I challenge you today to see what difference you can make to change the ways of the world. You could maybe start a arts and entertainment project to educate those on how believing in God is needed. Perhaps you can start you own blog or Facebook page to spread the gospel of Christ. You could also take the lead and see how we can change not the content of religion but some of the ideas that are not productive to what is happening in the world today. You can maybe get into educating those on the block, at work or on the bus stop about the Holy Spirit. You can get involved with your families to reach out to those who are not saved and tell them the good news. You can write or even call your leaders of government to change the ways of the world. You can start a faith based business that maybe gives employment to those that are still in the world. Just because That's the Way of the World means that the people of God cannot change these areas. May God bless those who read this and I give God all the glory. Please join me Friday for my next blog.

Comments

  1. I truly enjoyed...great job Mr. Wesley :-D. Be good, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down