Loose in the World

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we continue in the month of Loose In February based on Joshua 5:15, Judges 15:14 and Mark 11:4-5 I go back to when I was about 13 years old. While I was growing up attending Wendell Smith Elementary and going to Second Mt. Vernon M.B. Baptist Church there was too things that were taboo back then. One was teenage pregnancy and the other was drugs. Although I had a girlfriend back then and we were alone at times that it could have been a issue with a baby being born there was not one conceived. The other issues was drugs. Marijuana was coming into popularity back then and I being not around that lifestyle because my parents were not always heard about grass. I often wondered what was the big mystery about grass. We had  backyard full of it and wondered what qualities about grass could make people high. I knew how to roll cigarettes because I watched my Dad so I went a grabbed some toilet paper and proceeded to roll some grass in the toilet paper, and tried to get high. Although I did not I was now a curious to what kind of grass could I smoke. At 13 my parents had given me more independence and I became Loose In The World.

So as I continue to be in my teenage years and gained greater independence I would try more things like alcohol, sex, and more drugs like happy sticks, pcp, acid and even cocaine. I even was a cigarette smoker.
Once I had gained a little independence I wanted to do things contrary to way I was raised. The older I got the more Loose in the World I became. A liar, a cheater, a person who would take things from others, a aggravate and just an all around jerk. The ways of the world had infected me so bad I thought I had no way to combat. At age 42 I was still smoking marijuana and drinking heavily and cheating on my ex girlfriend. But one day God came in and woke me up to where I am Loose in the World for him. In this blog the next three paragraphs I will attempt to show some examples of being Loose In the World.

In Numbers 14:1-10 the people of Israel had gotten a bad report that the land that they were promise was not going to be obtainable. There was to much and to many giants to conquer to get the land. They wanted
to return to captivity and even stoned Joshua and Caleb. The people had gotten Loose in the World and saw no growth. I was like that as my family meant little to me, my education was not important and I blamed the media for all social problems I was having. But one day I woke up. In Luke 2:46-52 Jesus became Loose in th World and began a small part of things to come. I now have Christ in me so my family life is better, I am pursuing higher education and I am part of the social media trying to help those with social problems. With God anything is possible. I am Loose in the World.

In Isiah 8:17-22 we see where some of the people of Israel have now been Loosed in the World and seek counsel from fortune tellers and those who could contact spirits from the graves. Those who practiced this
began to think the could break chains and become free of God so to speak. In my 20's and 30's I knew that the government was plotting against me and I hated all things that dealt with religion. I was Loosed in the World. Once again God stepped in and showed me a better way. In Matthew 12:9-14 Jesus worked on the Sabbath and that was not the right thing to do and the people in charge wanted to destroy him. As I am Loosed in the World for God I want to change laws in the government that are meant to hurt faith based agendas and to help advance religion outside of the four walls. It can be done.

In my mid 40's I saw where I was still Loose in the World but now I was going in the path of where God wanted me to go. In Joel 2:19-32 it speaks of a kind of coming out party that I had when I finally saw what
God does as he forgives. I never wanted to do anything in the arts and entertainment realm to advance the kingdom of God or even want to start a business. In John 19:26-27 Jesus gave instructions to John as he Loosed the World from sin. I am now in the stages of making my book into a play, supporting other faith based arts and entertainment adventures and still planning to open my non-profit business called the repair shop to reunite fathers with their children. I am Loosed in the World for God.
In closing my story may be similar to yours or may be even completely different. But in order to advance the kingdom of God we have to Loosed into the World. In Matthew 10:5-14 the command was given by Jesus to change the world. As the world has changed so has to process. There are those who may even question the use of secular music in this blog and other blogs. If God has called me to do teach and to reach those who do not know him then I have to obey his command. I love those who are saved but want to reach those who are loose in the world to help them become Loosed In the World for Christ. May God touch those who read this blog and I give God all the glory. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley. I am also a contributor on a Facebook page called Rhema Word 2.0. I am twitter @brandnewweek. And I am trying to do resume my radio show called Brand New Week. Brand New Attitude on blogtalk radio. Please join me for my next blog called Point of View/Viewing Points. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down