Loose in the Wind

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As you already know the theme is the Year of the Wind based on Exodus 14:21 and Acts 2;2-4. The theme for the month is Loose in February based on Joshua 5:15, Judges 15:14 and Mark 11:4-5. So in thinking of a story to combine the yearly theme with the monthly theme I looked back to a time that I spent in Gately Park with my Father. I don not remember how old that I was but I remember that he and I went to the park so I could learn how to fly a kite. When I was younger this was a big things and you just had to have the best kite. My parents bought me one of the best kites. We tied the strings to the kite and me being me I ran with the kite in my hand but nothing happened and I almost caused damage to the kite. My Father grabbed me by the hand and showed me how to properly fly the kite. I had to have the kite go in the opposite direction of the wind in order to fly. But once it was in this direction it was able to fly because it was Loose in the Wind. Many times God places us in the wind so we finally be loose and fly free.

I am a big history buff so when I look back at history I see on important thing that happened when something was set loose in the wind. Benjamin Franklin put a key on kite and that is how electricity was found in this
country. Most times we as people of faith are not comfortable of going in the opposite direction of the wind. We feels that it distracts us, pushes us away from our goals, and does not provide a path that is easy for us to make it to where we need to go. But if we are going to change the areas of arts and entertainment, businesses, social media, family, education, government and religion we have to go into the wind because the enemy is not going to allow us just to change these areas. When we go into the wind to change these areas we cannot go in fighting and kicking. We must be loose and willing to allow God to use us to make changes.
In the Acts 27:40-44 this is a great example of Loose in the Wind. In verse 40 we the people made a choice that even in a storm to race forward towards land because that was the only place that they could go to and
make it to where they had to go. Most times today we see where the arts and entertainment industry refuses to recognize the shows and ideas that are faith based. Most times we do not support businesses that are faith based or even those that do not seem real. We have to be like those men on the ship. We have to loose our sails into the wind because that is the only way we are to make it ashore and make a difference in the world. We talk about change but then we still allow this nonsense. We have to Loose in the Wind.

As I go deeper in this passage and see that in verses 41-42 that something happened after the ship was Loosed in the Wind. The ship crashed between the two seas and the soldiers had to make a decision.. Either
allow the prisoners to swim to shore or kill them right there. Many times we people of faith get discouraged when our ideas for social media does not take off right away. We seem to not want to continue to push for education reform when we run into opposition. And even looking at our family we tend to give up on them when the run ashore and become real prisoners. But we have a choice. We can kill of the ideas we have in social media, education reform and helping our family members or we can allow change to occur and keep our dreams in line with what God wants us to do. We can get Loose in the Wind.

In the last verses 43-44 we see where one person, a centurion was willing to make a decision and not only save Paul but the rest of the prisoners as well. Though all could not swim those who could not held on to what they
could float on and make it to land. In the area of government there are going to be so many naysayers to the laws that you may see that need to be changed. We know that religion needs a major overhaul as more churches are closing their doors due a financial crisis. But we that we can never give up. One man stepped in and allowed Paul and the rest of the prisoners another chance to do better things. We should be able to do better things when we are Loose in the Wind.
In closing there are many ways that we can make changes in the world. We can support our arts and entertainment by developing and supporting faith based shows. We can change the education system by attending school board meetings. We can use social media positively to get our message across. There is a long standing principle that faith based businesses cannot survive and they cannot if we do not buy from them. We have to write our elected officials. We have to do that. We have to fix religion before it becomes a thing of the past. We must let ourselves go and throw ourselves all in to get Loose in the Wind. May God bless these words and I give God all the glory and honor. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley. I am on twitter @brandnewweek. I am finally going to continue my show on blog talk radio called Brand New Week, Brand New Attitude either today or tomorrow. Please join me for my next blog called Loose Lips. Have a great week. P.S. I got behind on my blogs due to school work so I will being doing three this week and three next week to catch up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down