The Making of a Champion

Good morning and Happy Thursday. As we continue in the month of Champions (Still) in October based on Judges 1:2-4, Matthew 21:9-11 and 2nd Corinthians 2:10-12 when I was attending Wendell Smith Elementary there was a graduation ceremony when we all reached 8th grade. I attended this school since I was in 5th grade and knew just about all of individuals who were also in 8th grade. One of the last things that the class had to do was give awards and I was voted to be the Most Persuasive. As I grew older I used my persuasive ways to do things such as to get drugs and alcohol, to play tricks with ladies minds, to con others and be a irritant purposely to any and everyone. In other words I was nothing nice. Little did I or any one else know that this was The Making of a Champion.


As I was growing up it was not like I was not taught about right or wrong or that I did not know anything about the Trinity. I was baptized and saw what believing could do but I wanted to see what
the wild life was about. And when I did, boy did I turn around. I started being grown beyond my years and others would tell my parents how much trouble I was. Extension cords, belts and beat-downs were part of my life. Despite all this, it was the beginning of  The Making of a Champion.
In coming to the Word of God for this teaching I begin in Acts 22:4, 9. In these verses Paul speaks of how he used to be person who did everything possible to stop the Way. But when God needed him,
he called him and Paul was the only one to hear his voice. I smoked so much weed and drunk and persuaded so many people with me that I thought I would never stop but God had other plans for me . It was a step tin The Making of a Champion.
As we continue with this teaching of The Making of a Champion I go back to the Word of God to Galatians 1:13-17. In these verses Paul tells again of how he went beyond measure and how zealous
he was to go against the will of Go, but when he was called by God he went to spread the Word in different places. I was a heavy gambler who won and lost big. When I was called to teach his Word despite my past, I begin doing it so others who may not see it would. The Making of a Champion.
As we come to the last example of the teaching The Making of a Champion I go to the Word of God and to 1st Timothy 1:12-17. In these verses Paul gives thanks for being taken away from his old life
for which he was Chief antagonist  among them. Once Paul changed he could now have everlasting life. I would get on peoples nerve because it was a game to me, being an antagonist. I thank Jesus for helping me change. The Making of a Champion.
In closing I am now a person who has some influence in others lives. My name is brought up by vice presidents and directors in meetings with their teams on how to treat others People who pass by the building I work in are encouraged daily by me. I am able to do the work of the Lord without even saying scriptures or harassing people My relationships with my family, which is so important, has been healed and rectified including my sons. I had to go through some things to come out.  In saying this I want you all to know that even if your child or relative is not what you think they should be it is probably The Making of a Champion. I give God all the credit and honor for this teaching and ask him to bless all. Please go to Rhema Word 2.0 to see a preview of the Sunday School lesson called Peter Defends His Actions, coming from Acts 11:1-18 a. taught by Rhema Word Superintendent Liz Hope. I also have a teaching on Rhema Word 2.0 called (Jesus) You Complete Me. Please join me Monday for a teaching coming from the last base scriptures of the month, 2nd Corinthians 2:10-12 called A Win As a Champion. Have a great weekend all.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down