I Can't Take Credit For That

Good afternoon and Happy Friday. As we continue in the month of Breach of Contract in September based on Deuteronomy 1:32-35, 1st Samuel 13:12-14 and Romans 10:18, 20-21, each day that I enter my job, I go in knowing the position I have is probably one of the lowest paid positions in the building. But that does not make what I do not important. You see my name has been brought up in meetings about how to treat people right. With some recruiting help from me, the mentor program  where I work at has a record 31 mentors, breaking the mark of 24 set in the spring. And when an applicant came for her interview, when asked why she wants to work here she told the people doing the interview that she wants to be greeted by me when she goes home and that helped her get hired. I could bask in the knowledge and say it was completely me, but that is not true. I Can't Take Credit For That.
At times, we as humans forget that all of the things we are able to do is by the work of God. God makes everything possible. If it was not for him I would be nothing. So no matter who says what to
me I have to always give God all the glory and the honor. If not then I am going about it the wrong way. I may do some wonderful things but I Can't Take Credit For That.
As we come into the Word of God of this teaching of I Can't Take Credit For That I go to Acts 14:8-10. In these verses the Apostle Paul sees a man who has not EVER walked a day in his life and calls
for the man to get up and walk, and he does. The mere fact that Paul was able to do this could have had him feeling that he did this on his own but he knew better than that. When people say that I make them feel better after a long day, I Can't Take Credit For That.
In continuing this teaching of I Can't Take Credit For That I go to Acts 14:11-13. In these verses the people of Lystra are amazed and begin to think of Barnabas and Paul as Greek gods and begin to
honor and worship them. I am told by many that reading my LinkedIn writings inspires them and at times changes the way they would approach things. One again I Can"t Take Credit For That.
As I am almost at the end of this teaching of I Ca't Take Credit For That I go to Acts 14:14-17. In these verses Paul tells the people that he is just an ordinary man like they are who happens to serve a
God who is living and provides even as some of us have turned away from him. There are people who walk past my job each day looking for me to encourage them and I am glad to do so but I Can't Take Credit For That.
In closing there are times when we still see the adulation of men and think it may be us. Acts 14:18 tells of how they some still wanted to sacrifice to Paul and Barnabas even though they knew the truth. I do a LOT of good things daily but who allowed me to do it? When we get into the habit of thinking it is us that are doing these great things we are in Breach of Contract with God. That is not a place where we want to be. Please for all the things that God has allowed you to be although you may not say it out loud. please remind yourself, I Can't Take Credit For That. I give God all the honor and glory of this teaching as he guided me past what I wanted to write but what he needed me to write. Please if you can go to Rhema Word 2.0 for a teaching done by Minister Kim Baker called Character and What a Teacher Should Know. And please join me Monday for a teaching from the last base scripture of the month, Romans 10:18, 20-21 called Breached by the Contrary Folks. Have the best weekend ever.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down