Notification of a Healing

Good morning and Happy Thursday. As we continue in the month of Notifications in February based on Exodus 7:1-3, 1st Kings 22:19-23, and Luke 10:2-6 it still is also the Year of Healing based on Jeremiah 33:6-9 Matthew 9:6-8 and Acts 28:7-9 I want to begin by saying I love my grandmother Mrs. Lilla Mae Birdsong. About a year or so she was having pain in her body that caused her a lot of misery. The doctors could not exactly find the source of her pain so they prescribed some medicine for her. All of my life my grandmother was always talkative and aware of her surroundings. Even in her advanced age she worked and was still able to drive herself around. Then just like that she could not remember some things and could hardly even dress herself. Our family was devastated as it seemed like we were on the verge of losing the matriarch of our family. But when you believe in Jesus the times that seem to the saddest are actually Notifications of a Healing.

One of the first things that was the hardest part for my family was to have to place Grandma in a nursing home. My Mother and Grandma had been living around each other all of their lives and had even moved in
with my Mother when they moved south. We had heard stories of how nursing homes are but Jesus took care of our worries as someone who knew my family worked at the home and said she would look after our her. This was good but we still needed a Notification of a Healing.

In John 11:3-4 the Notification of the Healing was beginning. The sisters sent word to Jesus that Lazarus was sick. But in order for the world to know that Jesus heals something had to happen. My family trusted God
so we prayed and sent word to Jesus that the woman who trusted in him all of her life and took us to church while my Grandfather stayed home was not feeling well. This was a Notification of  a Healing.

In John 11:5-16 Jesus waits a little longer before he goes back to Judea to see his friend Lazarus who is in dead to the world but alive to Jesus. See the doctors had come to the conclusion that ailments that come
come form onset of old age. Our matriarch was not in her right mind and we just knew that her days would be filled with no longer of remembering all of her loved ones. We continued to trust in Jesus because we knew the Notifications of a Healing had already been heard by him and now we just had to be patient.

In John 11:38-44 the power of Jesus was seen despite all the doubters in the previous verses as Jesus did what few to others had done and that was to raise the dead. The doctors looked again and found out the
the medication for the ailment that my Grandmother originally had was too strong for her and along with the other medicine was making her delusional. Once they found this out my Grandmother was healed. It all began with a Notification of a Healing.
Today my Grandmother is still doing well. I am so proud of her because when others did not she always believed in me. When others did not she always prayed for me. When I needed a place to stay she was always there for me. I still get those German Chocolate cakes for my birthday and everyone I know loves them some Lilla Mae Birdsong pictured above with my Mom. When the Notifications of a Healing reaches Jesus I am a living witness that it is already done. Have a great weekend. Join me Monday for my blog called the Notifications of a Champion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down