Gratitude In September

Good Morning and Happy Saturday. Brand new month. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we enter the month of September we have been prepared for the beginning of fall. Throughout the year I have had themes for every month. Jubilee in January ( based on Leviticus 25:47-55 ).Freedom in February ( Black Historical facts ). Gone in March ( based on Ecclesiastes 1:9-11 ). Aha in  April ( John 6:60-66 ). May Flowers ( based on Leviticus 26:3-13 ). Just June ( based on Habakkuk 2:4, Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38 ). Winning in July ( based on Joel 2:18-27 ). And I love you In August ( based on John 13:34-35 ). So this month is no different. This month is one where I tell exactly what I went thru the first eight months of the year. The triumphs. The disappointments. The good. The bad. The happy. The sad. But one thing for sure no matter what I went through I still pulled through. This month my theme is Gratitude in September. I will expound and give a base scripture in the next section.

So as I often do I go to Dictionary.com to find the meaning of the word gratitude. The meaning is a follows; the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful. So in looking up my base scripture for the month I could have just opened up the Word anywhere and saw where the gratitude of God was in abundance or even small. But I chose this scripture, 1st Samuel 7:9-12, because not only was the man great but because of the significance of this scripture. The Philistines were within range of battle to attempt to subdue the people of Israel. But Samuel prayed and God helped the push the Philistines away. In order show gratitude to God Samuel named the place Ebenezer ( God helps ). He has helped me just in time and in spite of myself. I have nothing but gratitude for him. So this is the base scripture for the month. So in the following paragraphs I will give three other examples from the Word of how to properly show gratitude and three examples of I am going to show God gratitude.

In Genesis 22:11-14 we see where an angel of the Lord comes and calls out to Abraham to inform him of a lamb caught in the thicket by his horn and Abraham does not have to slay Isaac. In his gratitude to God he named the place Jehovah-jireh which means God sees to it. Many times are youth of today are into so much that we cannot keep up. As of this writing I want to show God gratitude. On Thursday my son Marvell was walking with his 2 month old son to the store when two teens tried to rob him at gunpoint. He asked the teens would the rob him in front of his son. They decided not to and ran off. My understanding was to leave my grandson home and I will watch him but God had another plan. Because I know my son he would have tried to fight them but did not have to. In Matthew 11:25-27 Jesus showed gratitude to God for revealing things to babes in Christ. The youth need for us to help them how to properly show God gratitude.

My next example of gratitude in the Word comes from Exodus 17:8-16. In this passage we see where the Amalekites were still trying to terrorize Israel. The Amalekites would mostly prey on the weak our older people in the rear of the group of the people of Israel who had left Egypt (  thanks Apostle H. D. Wilson for sharing that ) and Moses choose to take a stand. As God gave him a plan to fight he executed it until his arms got tired. But Aaron and Hur lifted his arms up and it helped Joshua defeat the Amalekites. Moses named this Jehovah-nissi, God's banner from generation to generation. I show gratitude this month for the birthday of my Grandmother Mrs. Lilla Mae Birdsong who made and Evangelist Louise Seay who had a birthday this month. These seniors along with others have paved a way for us to do things we never imagined. In Luke 2:8-20 we see where the shepherds just were tending the flock and an angel of the Lord came to let them see the baby Jesus and how they rejoiced in seeing their Saviour. The seniors have seen the works that God can do. He took them out of the cotton fields and tobacco fields. We can learn from them how to show gratitude.

My last example of gratitude from the Word comes from Judges 6-11-24. It is also how an angel of the Lord came to Gideon from the lowest tribe and from the lowest family of the lowest tribe. How God took him to make the future of his people better. We the people of today must make the future better for our youth. Teach then strategy on how faith, trust and love works and how God can provide peace. We see in Mark 14:22-25 we see where Jesus gives thanks as he is about to sacrifice his life to save ours. That is the mentality we need to have. Make sacrifices because what you see as something casual can become something habitual to those coming behind you..
So in closing I want to thank God for the past, the present and the future. I want to thank him for seeing to it, being our banner for generation to generation, and a God of peace. When have gratitude to God it affects how successful our businesses are, how are families get along, how we educate our youth and seniors, how ideas for television and performing arts come about, how we see religion, how we can write or do things in social media, and how governments operate. I have plenty Gratitude in September. I pray you do as well. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. You can get daily encouragement and motivation from me on facebook as I am Frederick Wesley. I am on twitter with encouragement as well @brandnewweek. My blogtalk radio show has archived shows and I will be doing a show called Gratitude in September ( I am writing this article in August ). Once again big ups to instructor Roberta Coleman for blessing me with the teachings on social media to reach others. To God be the glory because Russia, Canada, United Kingdom, Sweden, Thailand have read my work. Join me Friday for my next blog called Gorillas in the Midst. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down