Gratitude for the Sisters

Good morning and Friday. As I am still in the month of Gratitude in September I wanted have my picture of myself as I get into this blog and attempt to prepare a dish that I rarely if I ever did. I love my parents tremendously. But for those who do not know me personally I also have other siblings. I have one brother Nevo but our relationship had not been close but am going to try to build that back up. In my life though I have had my sisters as a part of my life growing up. As we got older we have grown apart and even one who I speak about in the blog has passed away. Many times we let things get passed us because we refused to let those who are close to you exactly how you feel. That is not going to happen anymore. This blog is for all the sisters in my life for I have gratitude for but I am reaching out to my blood sisters as well to let them know I love them and have Gratitude for my sisters, Lisa ( RIP ), Gloria Jean and Angela Michelle.

Each morning I email four woman I consider sisters, C. Price, Ms. Jackson, J. Moore and Attorney Stroud. I encourage them each day to let them know all is well. I tend to call them my Chosen Few ( Yeah I got that from the House heads lol ). I also send a text to my friend  Ms. Angela Francis to encourage her as well. But as much as I enjoy encouraging I forgot about my blood sisters. The ones who made me laugh. The ones who I fought with and argued with. The ones who have given me the most beautiful nieces and nephews a Uncle could ever have. My sisters were and are beautiful. They are cool and they never give up as my remaining two, Gloria and Angela are taking classes. Even though they are on different levels they still are giving it their all and are going to succeed and exceed. And Lisa's children ( sadly I do not know all of her six children which is sad but working on that as well ) who I do know are successful as well and their children. As you know I go to Dictionary.com a lot so I go know to look up the meaning of sister. It means as follows; a female offspring having both or only one parents in common with another offspring; a protector or female friend regarded as a sister and a female fellow member as in church. Lisa had a different Mother than Gloria and Angela had a different Mother than the both of them and me and Angela share the same Mother and Father. But all of them I share and get ready to show them the gratitude for a sister.
In doing this blog as in all blogs I am going to reference things in the Word as well. When I was little I remember when I was little as my cousin Geraldine Powell ( another sister actually ) and my sister Lisa used
to have so much fun together. I loved her and she loved me. As she got older she had children when she in her early teens. I used to see my niece Trisette and Corrah and nephew Roy when they were younger while they were staying on the Westside in the housing projects. Crime ran rampart in the projects and a person could lose their children to the street either to death, drugs, jail or to gang members. But she made sure her family was taken care of. Although I did not see her as much as I would like to I am still thankful to have had her in my life. In the Word I go to Exodus 2:4 as it explains how we were. Even though we stayed mile apart she would always call and check on me to see how I was doing. I truly miss her presence but looking at her children I see her in them. As I said my goal is to have the other three who I have not seen in years is to be a part of my life and my children's life. Gratitude for a sister.

My next paragraph is about my sister Gloria Jean. Glo and I had a lot in common. She and I were born in the same month only four days apart. The unique thing about Gloria was her birthday is on Christmas day.
Gloria and I being the same age had the same paths even though she lived most of her life on the West side of Chicago and I lived most of my life on the South side. In grammar school she struggled and had to come stay with us for her 6th and 8th grade. Like all children in my parents house Gloria had to go to church and she even sung in the choir. My sister also had her children at an early age and struggled with some personal demons as we all do. I remember the day we graduated 8th grade together as one of my better days as a youth. She has now turned herself around and is a excellent Mother and grandmother who know lives in the southern part of the United States and is going to school to get something that avoided her in the past. Her GED. It does not matter what happens in your life you never give up. In the Word I see in Proverbs 7:4 it calls wisdom your sister. Yes my sister Glo came a long way and as her brother I am proud of her and my nieces and nephews that are in her family. I thank God for Glo and although I hardly see her I wanted to show her the gratitude for a sister.

My last paragraph is about my sister Angela Michelle. Angie was my sister who I had to take to the store with me. I probably treated her as bad as a person could treat another person but no one else could bother
her but me. I was her spider killer and probably gotten her in more trouble than anyone. But in spite of us being separated by my choice ( yes was I stupid ) when we met again after a while we back like we where, brother and sister. We may even argue even to this day but the next day we will be talking to each other. She has housed me several times and can make the best macaroni in the world. My sister Angela had a health issue when see was younger but by the grace of God was able to over come it. As of this writing she is working and will soon be taking the bar to become a lawyer. In the Word in Mark 3:35 it tell of doing the will of God as Angela can sang her behind off. I have the gratitude for a sister for her as well.
In closing I could have talked about many other sisters like Joanna P, Essie, Dot, Irma, Sheila, Lorraine, Jeanie, Sheree, Teri, Anita, Cynthia, Monica, Cassandra Somerville, Kecia Harris, Corlene Dunlap, Jeanette Henderson, Theresa Murphy, Shirley Barnes, Big Shirley, Hazel Delaney, Sandra Miller Smith, and a host of others but this one was for Lisa, Glo and Angie. See as a brother I needed help as I struggled with addiction and even issues with love and school. I can hear my sisters going to Jesus like in John 11:3. Trying to help me their brother who was dead to them and to the world. How they petitioned God for me and helped pull me out. That is the reason I have gratitude for the sisters. To God be the glory. Once again I am on blogtalkradio and will have archived shows because the title might change because I have written this far in advance before it is published. A writer on thegeekchicmag.com. My book I Slept with the Choir will be in my hands soon for sell. I am on twitter @brandnewweek so follow me. I am still on Facebook so friend me. Join me for next bog tentatively called Fool in the Rain. Have a blessed week.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your sisters. The Lord will take us out of the me, me, me syndrome to see the beauty in orders and express gratitude for them openly. May God continue to bless as we grow in knowledge to how He wants us to serve one another.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down