Standing on The Verge of Getting it On

Good morning and Happy Monday. As an adult I have had many jobs. One of the most challenging was being a Security Officer. I did not have the authority as the Police Officers, Sheriffs or Dectectives that wore badges. I did not carry a weapon that would deter potential people from doing harm to some one else, harm to their selves or harm to someone else and their selves. So pretty much to the average person my power limited when I approached them about something they were doing wrong. The worst part was that when I started working in the Security Field I had to work in a high school. I had heard the stories and seen first hand how destructive the youth could be. I was actually, to be honest afraid because I did not know if I could not only relate to the students but the administrators and faculty as well. But I needed an income and because of poor choices in my past regarding education I had to settle for this job as the job market was evaporating in the field I was used to working in. I had to make a choice. Either just chill and stay home or get paid and got to work. I chose to work. I was going to one of the worst high schools in the area to start. I was standing on the verge of getting it on and thought I was not prepared.
Many other instances in my life I thought I was not prepared for anything because I was afraid of one thing or another. I was afraid to commit to one relationship because of the heartbreak caused by my first love. I was afraid to look people in the eyes because I felt they could see right thru me. I was afraid to be a Christian because of the perception that the world did not readily accept this. I was content to stay in my little space. I was content to stay inside my suburban world. I was content with being seen as little as possible and more so not even heard at all. So why would this be any different. I was not even involved in my own childrens life so what made me think I could work at this high school in Harvey, Thorton, and even give it my best effort. I would just go thru the motions and get a paycheck. I was standing on the verge of looking out for myself and actually did not cared who knew.
I did not care about  my job which then made my everyday life miserable. I could care less about education because it was not affecting me. I really could care less about what the government was thinking. Television

shows that did not have violence or sex in them did not interest me. I did not ever buy anything from any other places than the big retail outlets and never supported small businesses in fact was one to laugh and gloat as they may have failed. The media may have potrayed stories in a different way than if I was reporting it or supported a candidate that I did not agree with ( Bernie Epton, come on now ) but rarely I never said anything. I neverdid anything with my family as being a drinker and sometimes smoking weed was not something they approved of. I had been stopped going to church and I had a problem with me giving them my time, my presence and especially my money. The Pastor has a nice house and car and I have nothing. It was as if I was throwing money down the toilet. So I still did little if anything with anyone or any body. Then one day I found myself standing on the verge of getting it on.



Eventually I moved on to Thornridge High School in Dolton Iliinois. I worked the front desk and had a group of students that would have to wait in the area by the front desk in the morning and would be restless and looked uninterested. I started to take an interest in them. I had one group that waited until 7a to go to class and another group who waited until 8a to go classes. I took it upon myself to not only give them one word, something positive and give them the definition. This sparked a daily interest and asking for the word of the day. It challenged me to come up with a different word each day. I was helping in the area of education. I was helping them become better students so that made them become better family members. Some students took up arts or entertainment area so I started giving them encouraging words. The paper at the school started a word of the day segment. I was not motivated to encourage not only the students but the staff and faculty as well. I was now sitting on the sidelines any more. I was not scare or afraid. I was making a difference in the area of education by just getting involved. I had Christian values but was still doing worldly things. But God can use any one as he has shown in the past. In Numbers 22:22-33 he used a ass to get his message across. In Joshua 2:1-7 he used Rahab the harlot to help them overthrow the people in Jericho, In John 4:7-26 he used the woman at the well to spread the news about Jesus. You do not have to be ready be ready to get in on at times but just open up yourself for whatever plan God has for you. I am not standing on the verge of getting it on, I am getting it on and getting it in. Brand new eek. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. Please follow me on twitter @brandnewfwes. I have a show on blogtalk radio called Brand new week, Brand new attitude. You can become my facebook. Look for Frederick Wesley. And I am also a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. Tune in for the blog on Friday called Extreme Makeover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down