Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father)



Good afternoon and Happy Sunday. One this day that we celebrate Fathers I am so happy that I had my Father ( whom I am pictured with) in my life. This man worked at Ford Motor Company as a tradesman (welder) for over 30 years. As most people know that being in skills trades you make a nice amount of money and my Father worked as many hours as he could. He worked on the weekends and on holidays. He would come home sometimes. nap for a couple of hours and then head right back out the door to head to work. It would be times that I would never see him. The one constant time that I saw him was when it was time for church every Sunday. My Father would be tired as any should be working those hours and would be excused for not going to church. But that was not the will of what God wanted him to do for his family and one thing that I admire about my Father is his Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father).
As I go into this teaching I want to define the word obedience and I am going to go to my source of definitions and that is dictionary.com. The word obedience means as follows; the act of obeying; and
dutiful or submissive compliance. You see with all the hours that my Father worked, he made a lot of money and he could have not obeyed or complied to the will of God because of that. But my Father did God's will. Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father).
As I go into the Word of God for this teaching of Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father) I begin in Genesis 22:1-5. In these verses Abraham is told by God that he has to sacrifice his son Isacc
as a test of his faith to God. Abraham could had questioned God but he did not. My Father could have been selfish and bought himself members only jackets or Karl Kani clothing but my Father was not the will of God for him the act of obeying God was important for my Father. Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father).
In continuing this teaching of Obedience to God (The Attribute of a Father) I go to Genesis 22:6-8. In these verses Isacc questions Abraham about where is the animal to be sacrificed for God and is told
that God will provide. I also wondered why my Father did not have any Converse All-Stars or snake skinned boots because I knew that he could afford it. But that was not what God had for him to do and my Father was dutifully compliant to the will of God. Obedience to God ( The Attribute of a Father).
As we go back to the Word of God we go to Genesis 22:9-18. In these verses as Abraham continues to obey God we see where a lamb is provided for the sacrifice and Abraham is blessed beyond his
imagination for trusting in God. My Father could have rims and whitewall tires and a sun roof in a any car he wanted but that was not the will of God. My Father was submissively compliant to the will of God. Obedience to God (The Attribute of a Father.
As I come to the conclusion of this teaching I am glad that my Father obeyed the will of God and is a great Father. I could not see that when I was younger. I could not see the sacrifice of time he made as he went to work to provide for his family so that I can have the Members Only Jacket. I could see the sacrifice of not being selfish as he took care of us all so that we had food on our table and that I could have Adidas. I could not see the sacrifice of him going to church when he was dead tire so he can do the will of God so that we had a nice house and I could ask him for anything and he would give it to me. Sacrifice is the Attribute of a Father and the only way that happens is being Obedient to God. In John 10:27 it tells about those who love Jesus knows his voice. My Father did and still does know his voice. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. Please join me tomorrow for a teaching called You Can't Always Get What You Want.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down