Fathering Families

Good afternoon and Thankful Thursday everyone. Each month I try to bring a blog that is not dealing with the theme of the month. This month is no different as I bring a teaching that is near and dear to me. Although I could not attend 2nd Mt. Vernon Missionary Baptist Church celebrated their 68th anniversary. One thing about this church was the strength of the men. The picture on the side shows my Dad, and other Deacons of the church at the time. Last month I wrote about Mothers being a community, but this month we celebrate fathers and all the men pictured plus many many more have helped not only raise me but many others as well. These men were Fathering Families.
In my community there is a rush to be a father but not a rush to take on the responsibility of being one. There is a penchant to be called not dad, pops or father, but instead baby daddy. This never happens when you
have men who not only step up to the plate but are responsible for the raising their children but take pride in raising other children as well. Although my Father disciplined me it was nothing for me to be chastised by any man at the church if I fell out of line. In the next three paragraphs I will give three examples from the Word of God of Fathering Families.
In the first example of Fathering Families I go to 6:10-14. In this passage Moses and Aaron have been given the command to begin to implement the plan to begin freeing his people. These men who I grew up with did
what God had given them to do plus what was passed down from their parents. The teachings and examples these men set are not only with me but with each and every person who were part of their Fathering Families.
In going to the Word of God to see another example of Fathering Families I go 2nd Kings 23:1-20. In this passage King Josiah and his elders commence to cleansing the community from all things that was not of
God. See when you are Fathering Families you have to go and tear down every stronghold that the enemy has to keep your families from achieving their goals. These men all did this and we appreciate them.
In looking at the last example in the Word of God of Fathering Families I go to Acts 11:16-24. In this passage the apostles are adding to the church by going outside of the chosen people. Once Jesus died he
he made it possible for any and all to come to him to be saved. These men worked hard, fed us well, spoiled us beyond measure and treated each and every child as if they were their own. The were Fathering Families.
In closing I want to thank each and every man who helped make me who I am. I may have fallen out of favor with God, may not have been the best father to my young men and still am not perfect but these men instilled in me what the favor of God can do and their teachings helped many become who they are today. They Fathered Families. We as men must pick up up the torch and continue this tradition of raising a community. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. I did not include people like Reverend Patton in this blog because I did not have a picture of him but he certainly helped Father Families. I want to thank June Miles and her daughter K'Valentine for her contribution to this teaching. Have a great Father's Day weekend and please join me Monday for a teaching called We Are In the Black ( Fiscally Strong).










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down