Can't Stay Away

Good evening and Magnificent Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we still are in the month of March In based on Joshua 3:7-10 and Mark 11:7-10 I once again come away from the theme to something that has come to my mind. Growing up I did not grow up in the strictest household but there were rules and regulations in place that had me and my siblings in compliance with what the household stood for. But as a child I was one who was curious and always wanted to see what is this all about. At one time both of my parents smoked and back then having a lighter was not a necessity because matches were always available. I liked the sound of a match being lit so I would play with matches even though this was against the wishes of my parents. I would graduate to lighting one match and then to eventually the entire book of matches. Never knowing that I could have burned down the house that I dwelt in and maybe even a neighbors but at that point I loved to do it so much and could stay away from doing this.There are things in my life that need rectifying but it seems I Can't Stay Away.
Most of us being children of God have tried to follow the straight and narrow and continue this walk with no disturbances whatsever. But the enemy is ready and willing to put obstacles in our lives that will not only take us away from our daily walk
.
but will also have things that look so good to all of us that no matter how we try we are tempted to do these things. At times we are strong and but then there are other times we Just Can't Stay Away.   In looking of a example in the Word of God of Can't Stay Away I go to Judges 1:27-36 God's chosen people did not take over the land promised them completely and allowed the people who they were to drive out to remain
around. This would allow for other gods to be worshiped on land that God had given the people. As we continue this faith walk some of us still in a since are worshiping other gods by continuing to gambling on things like the lottery, the slots and the horses because We Can't Stay Away.
In looking at a second example of Can't Stay Away from the Word of God I go to 2nd Samuel 15:1-12. In this passage Absalom who has just been forgiven and accepted by King David is now looking to take over the kingdom for himself and have
David, his father removed. Sometimes as we look at the success of others in our lives who have more than we have and attempt to do things such as say  negative things because of our jealousy. We Just Can't Stay Away.

In looking at the last example of Can't Stay Away I go to Galatians 1:6-10. After Paul has left Galatia there is another group who are preaching a different gospel than the one of Christ and this is causing dissension in the the church as a whole. We as a
body of Christ seem to not only not come to together as one but continue to beat some ministers down for having too big churches or too small congregations as the world keeps moving forward. We as people of God seem to Can't Stay Away from the being undivided.
In closing we as children of God can rest in the fact that God is always there for us no matter what we do. He knows the enemy is there to steal kill and destroy and place things like penny slots, penny stocks and feelings of being penny ante. God knows the enemy wants the family unit to not be strong and will cause chaos, confusion and competition for things that do not matter. And God sees that the enemy is using religion to cause divisions that does not allow us to actively advance the kingdom of God. God loves and will be there for us when we actually come back into his love totally and are finally able to Stay Away. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching and ask him to bless all who read this blog and even those who do not. Please join me for my blog Friday as I come back into the theme of the month with March In Happiness. Have a great week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down