Extreme Makeover ( Arts & Entertainment )



Good morning and Happy Friday. As we continue in the month of Acts of September based on Acts 1:7-8, 4:29-31 and 28:25-27 I was watching television the other day and saw a commercial for what was a show that grew on called Hawaii Five-O. There is a new television show called Sleepy Hollow which is based on a book and numerous television programs on the same subject. There are remakes of so many movies like Scream. Each "faith based play " cost so so much to go see ( not including parking ) that it almost like taking a mini vacation. In the faith based community there are so may creative minds that it is not funny. I go to Youtube and find so many people with talent but the only things that seem to go viral is someone doing something stupid or outrageous. People are on the edge for faith based shows. It is time we have an Extreme Makeover for Arts and Entertainment.
 We as people of faith have got a voice that needs to be heard. Too many times we have ideas for television, radio, plays, spoken word and even comedy and we just sit back on let the world develop

these talents for the pleasure of the world. Where is it written that we can only dance when the Holy Spirit is inside of us. Where is it written that you cannot enjoy laughter. Where is it written you cannot enjoy the spoken word. The book of Job is considered poetry and we quote it every time something goes wrong. This is 2013 not the 1880's. There has to be an Extreme Makeover in the world of Arts and Entertainment. I will use three examples in the Word of God to help with this teaching.

 In Judges the 5th chapter Deborah and Barak sung a song of victory over their enemies. I can imagine the dances of giving thanks the people did in the celebration of the victory. In Psalms 100 it
tells to make a joyful noise to the Lord. In Romans 6:13-14 we can present ourselves as instruments of righteousness unto the world to show them we are not dead people. These are just a few examples of dance and song in the Bible. Extreme Makeover. Arts and Entertainment.

As I look for laughter in the Bible I have to look at 1st Kings 20-27 when the prophets of Baal attempted to challenge Elijah. We see where Elijah mocked them ( laughter ) because he knew what
God will do in that situation. In Psalms 126:1-3 the people laughed as they celebrated their freedom. In Proverbs 15:13 it speaks of merry heart. We must embrace laughter. Extreme Makeover. Arts and Entertainment.

 In my last example I want to look examples of spoken word/rap. One  of the most beautiful example of spoken words/rap I have seen Psalms 30. In Habbakuk the 3rd chapter is another example of the




spoken word. In Matthew 6:9-13 we are given a spoken word in how to pray to God. We must look in the word, deeply and see exactly what God was saying. We must have a Extreme Makeover. Arts and Entertainment.

As I conclude this teaching I want to ask you to support the comedians that are faith based and who do not use vulgarity or lewd behavior on stage. Support the plays that keep it real but not vulgar or strictly sexual based. Even as I write my sequel to my first book I will try not to go where I went with the first book. I will do my radio show once again. I will continue these teachings with secular songs but they will have no nudity or cursing in any of the songs/videos. I will continue to dance and have a great life. I will continue to to effect a Extreme Makeover in the world of Arts and Entertainment. I give God all the glory and honor for this teaching. If you have any spoken word, rap, songs or dances that are clean and that I could use in any of my blogs please let me know. Please join me for my next blog called Acts of Confidence. 

Comments

  1. Fred...this is Tommy Love...I want to talk to U about Blogging...take a look at this
    www.empowernetwork.com/tlostrategies .....invest n yourself and make some money at something that U all ready doing....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down