I Told Yo So


Image result for i told you so

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new month. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we begin the 182nd day of the year 2019 I recall back to a time when I was attending grammar school and it had been cold and ice on the ground. My Mother knew that I liked to do things on my own but really was not wise in my decision making being a teen. She told me before she left to go to work that she wanted to not wear my favorite shoes which would not be able to grip the ground and I may fall and injure myself. So while we she was there I took them off and placed on the shoes that she knew I should wear to be safe. As soon as she walked out of the door I decided that maybe she did not know what she was talking about and I changed my shoes to the ones I liked to wear. I headed out the door and began my walk to school in the shoes that I wanted to wear. I was on my way to an I Told You so moment.
As I began my walk to school I had to hurry because in the time that I wanted for my mom to leave and for me to place back on the shoes I wanted, I only had a few minutes to make it on time or I
Image result for i told you so
would be late and that would possibly alert my mom that I did not listen to her. As I got closer to the school I heard the bell and began to run and then it happened. The I Told You So Moment
In Acts 27:9-10 Paul warns those that are in charge of the ship that the voyage will not be successful and maybe they thought he was trying to delay his appearance in front of Ceasar and he was not. 
Image result for i told you so
As I tried to beat the bell to be on time I fell as heard something pop. As I lie in pain and I am fear of what my Mom is going to do as I disobeyed her. I am in the midst of a I Told You So Moment.


In Acts 27:21 Paul comes back to tell the sailors that if they had listened to him that the problems and issues that they are having would not be happening. As I lie on the ground I am worried about the 
Image result for i told you so
punishment I am going to receive from my parents as I lie on the ground with a broken bone due to me being hard headed and actually I deserve it. I am in the middle of my I Told You So moment. 
In coming to the conclusion of this teaching I Told You So I go Acts 27:22-28. Paul assures the men on the ship that although the did not listen that no harm will come to any of them. As I finally
Image result for i told you so
arrive at the hospital and I see my Mother she is not disappointed at me nor does she scold me. She showers me with love and concern and that shocks me. She did not even say I Told You So. 
Image result for i told you so
In closing there are so many people who take chances or do not do the things that we think they should do and we are quick to say I Told You So. I Told You that you married the wrong person. I Told You That job was going to end or let you go. I Told You that you was not going to amount to nothing. These are things we do at times without thinking not knowing that God is in the midst of everything and if he can be there for you he can be there for anyone. Paul had warned of impending doom and instead of being angry about it, he encouraged the men did not listen to him. My mom gave me love and took care of me even though I did not listen to her. For those who may not had listened and did things that they should not have done, your I Told You So moment will be okay if God is in the midst of it. Have the best month ever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down