When the Levee Breaks

Good morning and Happy Monday. Brand new week. Brand new attitude. The past is the past. The future is unlimited. As we continue in the month of When In June based on Psalms 73:3, 1st Corinthians 13:11 and Matthew 17:8 I want to share a story that I was told to me by a long time friend Lisa Kerns. Ms. Kerns and I went to grammar school together. She was my sister Gloria close friend. I would often see Lisa not only in school but at my house as well when see came to visit my sister. Lisa as a teenager was very lovely and still to this day is lovely. Lisa has eyes that has her standing out from a crowd. My sister Gloria never went to her house though. I often thought that it was because Lisa stayed in a hood called Murda Love and we from the hood Over the Tracks did not venture over there. But Lisa had something going on in her house. She had a Mother suffering fro mental illness and that mother at times would jump on her. One day Lisa had enough and even though she regretted she fought her mother back. We as people of faith can and will have our moments such as this. I want to call it When the Levee Breaks.
In looking up the key words in the title I go to  Dictionary.com to find the meaning of levee and break. The word levee means a follows; an embankment designed to prevent the floods of a river. And the word break
to divide parts violently, to reduce to pieces, and to act contrary. Many times we as people of faith have the floods of life come upon use to where we have to divide parts violently. Sometimes when the rivers flood in our lives we are reduced to pieces. Often times when the river of life floods we tend to act contrary and do nothing. When the Levee Breaks we all have a tendency to do things we normally will not do. In the next three paragraphs I will teach from Psalms 73, which contains one of the base scriptures for the month.

In looking at When the Levee Breaks I start in Psalms 73:1-9. David is writing about how the wicked and the things that they do look good on the outside. The cars of the drug dealers, the people who have the
big homes with no job and those who do violent things and get away from them. We as people of faith live among these people and have no idea how to react. The enemy wants us divide us by having us act violently or do violent things like kidnap three girls and take away their future. This happens When the Levee Breaks.

In looking at When the Levee Breaks I go to Psalms 73:10-16 we see where David is still questioning the reason behind all the great things like money, fame and prosperity that the ones who give God no honor or
glory but continue to do well and some things in our lives are reduced to pieces. My life was shattered and I reached a breaking point when I lived in a place that had no heat or running water. I was reduced to pieces as my car even stopped running and I had no income. This is what happens When the Levee Breaks.

In looking at When the Levee Breaks I go Psalms 73:17-28 and see where David understand why he need not act contrary when the levee breaks. God has a plan and a purpose for each and every thing that he does
in his time. When Lisa was fighting her Mother her Aunt, who also had mental issues immediately came to her senses and screamed at Lisa to stop. We can never know what God has planned When the Levee Breaks.
In  closing there are still ways to fix the breach of the floods of our lives when the embankment of our lives  are divided in parts violently.  In Psalms 121:1-2 David tells us from where our help comes from even after the levee breaks. God is always there. The are ways to fix the breach when your life is reduced to pieces. In looking at Acts 16:18  we see that when we even say the name of Jesus he will fix the breach. And finally when we act contrary to what the Word of God is telling us to do he has the a comforter to help get us back in line. In Acts 5:31-32 is speaks of the comforter. When the Levee Breaks could be a move from God to take us to another place in his time. I give God all the glory and the honor for this teaching and I ask him to fix any levees that have been breached in all those who read this blog. I want to give a big thanks to Lisa Kerns for allowing me to share her story and Charles Ramsey for being a hero. Have a great week. Please join me for my next blog called When Do You Grow Up based on the second based scripture and its entire chapter. Have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down