My Eyes Don't Cry No More ( Defending Your Peace )

Good morning and Happy Friday. As we continue Defending in December I wanted to speak a little about myself. As a man I get a little emotional at times. When I see movies that are sad a tear or two will come out of my eyes. When I would argue with someone my emotions would take over and I would then cry. My Mother sings the songs that are associated with the communion and I have not heard her sing this in years but every time I hear these songs it brings a tear to my eyes. So you can imagine back in 2004 when I had been living with a woman for over ten years and she wanted me out of her house. We had built a nice home together and even though we had been mostly roommates at the time I left we still did a couple of things together. This was not the first time I had been put out of the home so I thought I would come back as usual. But this time the woman, Tonia, had enough and wanted to have peace in her life. No matter how many times I called or how much I cried I could not go back to her home that we shared anymore. She wanted peace in her home and I was not providing that. As I fast forward to 2012 I have begun to be a little stronger. My Eyes Don't Cry No More. I have peace in my life.

Now as I always I want to define what tears actually means. Each time I go to define a word I go the source that I have used for each and every of the 61 blogs I have written, Dictionary.com. The words tears means;
this fluid appearing in or flowing from the eyes as the result of emotion; grief or sorrow; to fill up and overflow with tears. After 6 months of being gone from Tonia's house the tears finally stopped flowing. I had to find some peace in my life. Many times today we as a people of faith look at certain areas that exist in our lives and we cry. Flowing from our eyes are tears of emotions as our education and businesses are failing. We continue to have grief or sorrow as our arts and entertainment, our social media and our religion seemed to be in disarray. Our eyes are overflowing with tears because of the failures in our families and government. But as sure as the sun comes up everyday these tears can be a dried away from your eyes and a be replace with peace in your life. You can then tell others, My Eyes Don't Cry No More. I will use three examples from the Word of God to elaborate my point.
In my first example in the Word of God I am going to the Book Of Genesis and starting in the 39:14-20. In this passage we see that wife Potiphar has cried out and accused Joseph of trying to get with her. Her cry is
by others as well as Potiphar himself. He eventually takes Joseph to prison. As a people of faith we cry when we look at our education system and see that it is failing. We cry when we know that God gave us the vision for our businesses but they seem to be failing. But God sees the tears and wants us to know that peace will be there in due time. In Genesis 39:21-23 Joseph still was blessed and was able to bless the keeper of the prisoners ( in our day he would be called the Turnkey ) as well. My Eyes Don't Cry No More.


In my second example in the Word of God I go to Book of Lamentations. The word lamentations is from the word lament which means to cry. Lamentations was to be written by Jeremiah who was called the crying
prophet. In Lamentations 3:21-41 Jeremiah received a some good words from God in the middle of lamenting. As a people of faith we grieve and have sorrow as we look at some of the negative things caused by social media. As a people of faith we grieve or have sorrow at the state of arts and entertainment as our televisions shows are sexual based and curse words are now common. As a people of faith we grieve or have sorrow about how attendance in churches are dwindling and churches are being foreclosed on. We cannot lament at these things. God will provide. As Jeremiah wrote in verse 41 we still have to lift our hands toward God who is in heaven. He can turn our tears, our lamentations, our grief or sorrow into unspeakable peace. We can never give up or give in to the ways of the enemy. I will not ever do that. I will continue on a path that God has for me in spite of the things that happen to come into my life. I know he has better things and better days ahead. My Eyes Don't Cry No More.

In my last example of crying I look at another form of the word crying called wept. I look at the Word of God as see many times where people wept. But I want to go to  John 11:35-45 and look at this passage.
In verse 35 we see where our Lord and Saviour wept. As a people of faith tears can fill up our faces and overflow we see our family members continue down the wrong path. As a people of faith tears can fill our faces and overflow as we see laws coming into existence that we know is man made and has nothing to do with God. But in this entire passage Jesus had to weep in order to restore order. You see people were waiting for something to really believe that he was the Messiah. So he wept knowing that once he raised his family member from death he would be changing not only the way people viewed him but also how the government viewed him as well. Things have changed for me. My Eyes Don't Cry No More. I am Defending My Peace.

In closing we can change our tears into peace. I look at Psalm 30:5 to get peace from my tears. I look at Psalm 126:5 a get peace from my lamenting. I go to Isaiah 54:8 to get peace from my weeping. I look at 2nd Corinthians 4:17 to get peace my my cries. We can get involved in the education system by attending or getting the minutes from our local school board meetings. We have to make a commitment to support faith based businesses. We have to step out on faith and get into social media with blogging and our own social networks. We can have shows that promote our values and principles to change how arts and entertainment are presented to the world. We can and have to do things outside the protection of the walls of the church to save those who do not know better and also keep them involved and interested. We have to involve our families and pray for them even as they have done us wrong. We have to let our elected officials we are tired of you doing things that are not faith based by emailing and electing officials that are of faith. Finally look at yourself and see your tears as they because they will turn into peace. Touch yourself as lament because there will be peace after. Hear yourself as you weep knowing that soon after peace will be coming. My Eyes Don't Cry No More. I Am Defending My Peace. I am a writer for thegeekchicmag.com. I am on Facebook as Frederick Wesley posting postive messages from a base scripture daily. I am on twitter @brandnewweek. I am on blog talk radio doing a show that will resume next week called Brand New Week Brand New Attitude. Join me for my next blog called Defending Your Year. Have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repair Shop

Dark Room

Let The Rain Come Down